by Thom Duncan
(For production by Professional Groups, College/University Groups, Community Groups, LDS Church Groups)
This play was selected as a representative of the finest in Mormon dramaturgy at the 1973 Mormon Festival of the Arts at BYU. It is a powerful drama based on the story of Ammon and King Lamoni as recounted in ALMA 17-19. Ammon, a Nephite son of King Mosiah, ventures into the Land Of Ishmael on missionary endeavors. He’s captured and brought before the wicked Lamanite vassal King, Lamoni, who is enthralled by this Nephite’s courage and strength. Lamoni keeps Ammon as one of his servants, soon promoting him to his private man. Lamoni’s conversion to the True Gospel is the climax to this suspenseful play, with eloquent and demanding dialogue and characterization.
- 14M 3W (6M with doubling and tripling of roles) + guards, servants, subjects
- Unit Set
- 2 hours
- Order # 2015
Available for ALL producing groups.
- Perusal Pages File Available SceptrePERUSAL. The PDF file contains the first act of this two act play.
REHEARSAL MATERIALS AVAILABLE
- Script in PDF format — Order #2015a : $25.00 (from which you will be authorized to copy for your production)
- First Performance Ward/Stake/Amateur/Educational Royalty — Order #2015d : $75
- Second Performance Ward/Stake/Amateur/Educational Royalty — Order #2015e : $65
- Professional Royalties will be quoted upon application
- ZTPerformanceLicenceApp2016 (in PDF format) to download our Performance License Application. No production rights can be granted until this application is filled out and sent to us.
- Wichita Kansas Stake — 1989
- Premiered at BYU — 1974
This title is available exclusively from