by Deen Ferrell
(For production by College/Universities, High Schools, Youth Theatre Groups, Community Theatres, Professional TYA)
A tattered circus Ring Master takes us on a magical, musical tour of the human heart, as viewed through the eyes of a young, teenage girl. We see hope, dreams, disappointment, disillusion, love, laughter, and a tear-marked determination rising from the confrontation between life as it is, and life as we dream and believe it should be.
- 12 Characters — 4m 6f 2 either
- Symbolic unit set
- Abstract Costumes
- Running Time: 30 mins
- ORDER #3197
REVIEWS and COMMENTS:
- Perusal Pages File available CinnamonStickPERUSAL (The PDF file contains the first half of the play along with all background information.)
- DEMO mp3 Clips: (no demos available — yet)
#1 — WORDS — Ring Master
#2 — JOLLY GOOD SOUL — Janitor & Ensemble
#3 — SEE ME — Misunderstood Girl
#4 — THE HEART OF AMERICA — Ensemble
#5 — CRYSTAL, TINKLE, TEACUP — Velma & Tweenie
#6 — AUTUMN WINDS — Mother
#7 — STEPPIN’ OUT — Dan & Ensemble
#8 — FIREFLY — Lindsey, Ring Master & Company
PURCHASING REHEARSAL MATERIALS:
Any PDF purchased will be emailed to your email address — if you need to provide that to us (not the one on your PayPal account), EMAIL us. CDs will be mailed to a snail mail address. Before we ship any rehearsal material we will need your performance dates, the name of your organization and the theatre where you will perform.
- Performance License Application: No production rights can be granted until this application is filled out and sent to us. This is a filler form that after you click “SUBMIT” will send directly to our email address. Response averages 2-3 business days.
- Script in PDF format — Order #3197a : $15.00 (will be sent to you by email, from which you will be authorized to copy for your production)
- Printed Script (5 1/2 x 8 1/2 — 20pps): a limited number of scripts from the old publisher are available for $3.00 each, including shipping. We will send you a PayPal invoice, if you wish. Or you can order them in our cart, below.
- Vocal Book — NOT AVAILABLE FOR THIS TITLE
- Piano-Vocal Score — Order #3197c : 15.00 (will be sent to you by email, from which you will be authorized to copy for your production)
- First Performance Amateur/Educational Royalty — Order #3197d : $40.00
- Second Performance Amateur/Educational Royalty — Order #3197e : $35.00
- Professional Royalties will be quoted upon application
- PREMIERE: Brigham Young University — Provo, Utah — 1984
The following is how the credits should read in all programs, posters, fliers, handbills and other promotional advertising for the show:
A Musical by
NOTE: The names of the Playwright(s), Composer, Lyricist, and Bookwriter shall be equal in size, type, coloring, boldness, and prominence. No billing shall appear in type larger or more prominent than the billing to the Authors except for the title of the play.
THIS NOTICE MUST APPEAR IN ALL PROGRAMS, ON ALL POSTERS AND PUBLICITY MATERIALS AND INTERNET ADVERTISING/WEBPAGES FOR THE PLAY:
“Cinnamon Stick” is presented through special arrangement with Leicester Bay Theatricals. All authorized materials are also supplied by LBT, www.leicesterbaytheatricals.com”
from the catalog of