In hurricane-swept Louisiana, an anxious but determined Ilene decides to face a lifetime of fears by refusing to evacuate her home, even when entreated by reluctant volunteer worker Miles. As they confess the “knocks” each has taken in life, their elusive quest to find happiness draws them closer together despite the uncertainty and danger that surrounds them.
Winner of the Peoples Choice Award in the 2018 Maine Playwrights Festival.
- 1m 1f
- 1 interior
- About 30 minutes
- Contemporary costumes
- Order #3152
- PERUSAL SCRIPT: The PDF of the first act of the script is available: Knocks And How To AnswerPERUSAL
Any PDF purchased will be emailed to your email address — if you need to provide that to us (not the one on your PayPal account), EMAIL us. CDs will be mailed to a snail mail address. Before we ship any rehearsal material we will need your performance dates, the name of your organization and the theatre where you will perform.
Email us prior to your order so we have the info to give you a complete quote. EMAIL us for rights and information. Be sure to give us anticipated performance dates and the address of your group and, if different, your theatre. Please also include a contact name and phone number.
- Script in PDF format — Order #3152a : $15.00 (will be sent to you by email, from which you will be authorized to print copies for your production)
- First Performance Amateur/Educational Royalty — Order #3152d : $30.00
- Second Performance Amateur/Educational Royalty — Order #3152e : $25.00
- Professional Royalties will be quoted upon application
- Performance License Application: LBTLicenseApplication072017 No production rights can be granted until this application is filled out and sent to us.
- Premiered by The Maine Playwrights Festival –– Portland Maine, May, 2018 (WINNER: Peoples Choice Award)
- Staged reading at Mechanics Hall in Portland, Maine, 2017
The following is how the credits should read in all programs, posters, fliers, handbills and other promotional advertising for the show:
Knocks and How To Answer
NOTE: The names of the Playwright(s), Composer, Lyricist, and Bookwriter shall be equal in size, type, coloring, boldness, and prominence. No billing shall appear in type larger or more prominent than the billing to the Authors except for the title of the play.
“Knocks and How To Answer” is presented through special arrangement with Leicester Bay Theatricals. All authorized materials are also supplied by LBT, www.leicesterbaytheatricals.com”
from the catalog of