CHAMELEONS is Utah’s oldest and most successful Murder Mystery Dinner Theatre Troupe. With over 30 years behind them and thousands of performances, these scripts have been tried and tested and are ready for your theatres or touring companies.
PERUSAL SCRIPTS to each show contain HALF the script in PDF format and are downloadable, FREE of charge from this website.
- PRODUCTION PACKAGES are $30. The purchase of the PACKAGE gives you the rights to duplicate up to 12 copies of the script for your actors and crew ONLY! These scripts you may keep for ONE FULL YEAR, after which they must be destroyed. After a year is up the PRODUCTION PACKAGE fee will be charged again. Included in the PACKAGE are Scripts with notes for each character, Sleuthing Sheets for the audience, and other materials. If you know you will want to perform the play after a year is up you can apply to us for an extension and pay the PRODUCTION PACKAGE fee again — that way you can keep your scripts and not have to reduplicate them.
- ROYALTIES for a musical script are: $75 for the 1st performance and $60 for each additional performance during the first year. After a year is up the 1st performance fee will be charged again. Accommodations can be made for runs (during a calendar year) of longer than 10 performances.
- ROYALTIES for a non-musical script are: $60 for the 1st performance and $45 for each additional performance during the first year. After a year is up the 1st performance fee will be charged again. Accommodations can be made for runs (during a calendar year) of longer than 10 performances.
- Each title below will provide the specific details about length of script, number of performers needed and an idea of the story of the show.
A typical show will have a structure as follows:
- 1 — Cocktails and/or Appetizers — the dramatic introduction of the characters and situation and murder committed
- 2 — Dinner — where Actors mingle with the Guests/Audience, talk about their characters and the story but not the ending or any clues as to who really did it
- 3 — After Dinner — the plot thickens
- 4 — Rambles — Open session for Audience to ask questions and either get or not get answers
- 5 — Resolution — The action ramps up to a fevered climax and the killer is revealed
- 6 — Bows
- 7 — Announcement of the Master Detective (The audience member who got it right from the Sleuthing Sheets)
(Perusal Scripts will be added)
CLICK ChameleonMurderMysteriesNEWLIST for a PDF file listing a brief summary and cast requirements for all of the shows.
The American Medical Assasination (a musical)
Death On Deck (Swashbuckling Piracy on the High Seas Cruise)
Doomed on the Desert’s Edge (A One-Way trip for the expedition’s leader)
Fraternal Disorders (Vows taken do not end with graduation)
Hail To Thee, Dear Alma Murder (A High-School reunion gone deadly)
Ghost Writers and Ghost Riders (The train ride to…)
An Heir of Mystery (The reading of the will raises the body count)
The Morgue, The Merrier (Forensic Toxicologists at a convention)
Murder Under the Mistletoe (Who gets crossed off Santa’s list at the yearly office party?)
Showdown at Gambler’s Gulch (A murdered mayor — a new slate is needed, but rapidly diminishing in number)
Slaughter On The Strip (The Showgirl misses her entrance) (a musical)
Space: The Fatal Frontier (Aliens invade the crew of a starship and the identity mystery begins, with deadly results)
Terrorfest (The Stars at a horror-film festival follow their characters to the END)
That’s the Way the Fortune Cookie Crumbles (Espionage and a USO show — is anyone safe?) (a musical)
‘Til Death Do Us Part (the ultimate Italian Mob wedding)
Your Worst Knightmare (a Crown Princess with a list of royal suitors that is beginning to shorten)