by Thom Duncan
(For production by Professional Groups, College/University Groups, Community Groups, LDS Church Groups)
A heart-wrenching and inspired look at a Stake President’s family who’s youngest son returns early from a Full-time LDS Mission. We come to know and love and empathize with each of the characters in the play because each of them could be someone we have known. And that is the power of this play: its believability, its ability to make each of us relate to the situation and characters and come away from a performance moved, changed, entertained and challenged. Best Original Play Award-1985, Utah Valley Theatre Guild.
- 2M 1W.
- 1 Interior/exterior set.
- 90 minutes
- Order # 2017
Available for ALL producing groups.
- Perusal Pages File Available: MattersOfTheHeartPERUSAL. It contains the first act of the two act play.
- Or you can read the entire play in the new Anthology: Saints On Stage (Available from Zarahemla Books)
REHEARSAL MATERIALS AVAILABLE
- Script in PDF format — Order #2017a : $25.00 (from which you will be authorized to copy for your production)
- First Performance Ward/Stake/Amateur/Educational Royalty — Order #2017d : $65
- Second Performance Ward/Stake/Amateur/Educational Royalty — Order #2017e : $55
- Professional Royalties will be quoted upon application
- ZTPerformanceLicenceApp2016 (in PDF format) to download our Performance License Application. No production rights can be granted until this application is filled out and sent to us. (We are working on an ONLINE PDF filler form)
- Premiere Production at The Townesquare Theatre, Provo, Utah — 1985
This title is available exclusively from