Book by Jamie Young
Music and Lyrics by Rick Rea
Musical Arrangements and Orchestrations by Taylor Williams
Perfect for Middle Schools and Junior High Schools, as well as Youth Groups and Children’s Theatres, plus TYA.
Based on a true story, this an original, anti-bullying musical about a boy, Ben, who is new at school and is trying to find his place to fit in with the other kids. As he struggles to make new friends, he is faced with a difficult choice of following the crowd or being true to himself. This show is an excellent story that presents powerful messages in an amusing, creative way that will keep both kids and adults entertained until the very end. Flexible casting allows all adults to play all roles, or also have the roles played by age-appropriate actors. Also, multiple adults could play the adult roles.
- Characters: 3m 3F + 1 Adult to play 5 roles + optional ensemble of students. It is also possible for Adults or teens to play all the roles for young audiences.
- About 90 mins
- Settings: fluid, multi-location: 4 interior locations, 3 exterior locations, suggested or elaborate.
- Costumes: contemporary
- Order # 3151
Available for production by all groups!
- The PERUSAL PAGES file (in PDF format) is available here: misFitting In PERUSALSCRIPT
- Here is a video of Jamie Young, the writer of the Book, answering some questions in an interview about the creation of the show, and its three productions in Wyoming and Utah.
- (mis)Fitting In interview with producer Jamie Young from Brigham’s Playhouse on Vimeo.
SCENE ONE — Classroom
MUSICAL # 1 — The First Day — Julia, Drew, Ella, Tracey, Ben, Brittney and kids
SCENE TWO — Cafeteria
MUSICAL #2 — Know Your Place — Julia, Drew, Brittney, Tracey
SCENE THREE — The Gym
MUSICAL #3 — The Game — The Cast
MUSICAL #4 — Say My Name — Tracey & All
MUSICAL #5 — The Warm Up — The Cast
MUSICAL #6 — The Game — The Cast
SCENE FOUR — The Classroom
SCENE FIVE — Behind the Gym
MUSICAL #7 — I Would Do Anything — Drew & Backup
SCENE SIX — The Cafeteria
MUSICAL #8 — When I Am Home — Ella
SCENE SEVEN — The Principal’s Office
MUSICAL #9 — Friends By Chance — Ella & Ben
SCENE EIGHT — At The Curb
MUSICAL # 10 — I Would Do Anything (reprise) — Brittney
SCENE NINE — The Cafeteria
MUSICAL #11 — Hear Ye, Hear Ye! — The Cast
SCENE TEN — The Classroom
MUSICAL #12 — The Chance to Shine — Ben & Ella
SCENE ELEVEN — The Classroom
SCENE TWELVE — The Gym
MUSICAL #13 — The Game – Reprise — Ben
SCENE THIRTEEN — The Cafeteria
SCENE FOURTEEN — The Classroom
MUSICAL #14 — The Chance to Shine (Reprise) — Ella
SCENE FIFTEEN — Behind the Gym
MUSICAL #15 — Fitting In — Ella’s Mom
SCENE SIXTEEN — The Lake
MUSICAL #16 — I Would Do Anything (Reprise) — Ella
MUSICAL #17 — Aliens in the Lake — All but Brittney
SCENE SEVENTEEN — The Cafeteria
MUSICAL #18 — The Last Day — The Cast
MUSICAL #19 — The Curtain Call — The Company
DEMO SAMPLE (these tracks are edited for time from the full tracks — with possibly more to come)
REHEARSAL MATERIALS AVAILABLE
- Performance License Application: No production rights can be granted until this application is filled out and sent to us. This is a filler form that after you click “SUBMIT” will send directly to our email address. Response averages 2-3 business days.
- Script in PDF format — Order #3151a : $25.00 (will be e-mailed to you, from which you will be authorized to make copies for your production)
- First Performance Amateur/Educational Royalty — Order #3151d : (will be quoted upon application, billing will be sent through PayPal)
- Second Performance Amateur/Educational Royalty — Order #3151e : (will be quoted upon application, billing will be sent through PayPal)
- Professional Royalties will be quoted upon application.
- Piano-Vocal Score (in PDF format) — Order #3151b : $25.00 (will be e-mailed to you, from which you will be authorized to make copies for your production)
- Vocal Book (in PDF format) — Order #3151c : $15.00 (will be e-mailed to you, from which you will be authorized to make copies for your production)
- Performance-Traks (in CD or mp3 Format) — Order #3151h : $150 (These PerformanceTraks were created by Taylor Williams for the 2016 Brigham’s Playhouse production. They are dynamite! ALSO: Many of the tracks are available in different keys, so please inquire. The tracks you will be using are the same as in the demos above, minus the vocals.) FUTURE AVAILABILITY
The following is how the credits should read in all programs, posters, fliers, handbills and other promotional advertising for the show:
Music and Lyrics by
NOTE: The names of the Playwright(s), Composer, Lyricist, and Bookwriter shall be equal in size, type, coloring, boldness, and prominence. No billing shall appear in type larger or more prominent than the billing to the Authors except for the title of the play.
THIS NOTICE MUST APPEAR IN ALL PROGRAMS, ON ALL POSTERS AND PUBLICITY MATERIALS AND INTERNET ADVERTISING/WEBPAGES FOR THE PLAY:
“mis-Fitting In is presented through special arrangement with Leicester Bay Theatricals. All authorized materials are also supplied by LBT, www.leicesterbaytheatricals.com”
- Brigham’s Playhouse Encore Presentation— September 24- Oct 14, 2016
- Premiered at Brigham’s Playhouse 2015
from the catalog of