by Agnes Stewart Broberg
(For production by Professional Groups, College/University Groups, Community Groups, LDS Church Groups)
What happened before Joseph Smith’s First Vision? Why did such a young man inquire so earnestly of the Lord as to which Church was true? This fine drama offers some possible answers to these and many more questions. A powerful and moving story about a family torn by religious differences and reunited by God’s love.
EDITOR’S NOTE: I have a fondness, even a weakness for this play, as I was a member of the original cast of the BYU production back in the Fall of 1972. I was not a member of the Church then, but within 18 months after my experience with Joseph Smith in this play, I was baptized. This play, by my very good friend Agnes Stewart Broberg, was seminal in my conversion to The Gospel of Jesus Christ. So was my experience with the play’s director, Harold R. Oaks.
- 7M 2W 8ensemble
- Space setting with props
- About 90 minutes
- Order #2049
Available for all producing groups.
“A momentous achievement!” BYU DAILY UNIVERSE.
The PERUSAL PAGES file (in PDF format) containing ACT 1 of the 3-act play, are available here: One House DividedPERUSAL
REHEARSAL MATERIALS AVAILABLE
- Script in PDF format — Order #2049a : $20.00 (from which you will be authorized to copy for your production)
- First Performance Amateur/Educational Royalty — Order #2049d : $65
- Second Performance Amateur/Educational Royalty — Order #2049e : $55
- Professional Royalties will be quoted upon application
- ZTPerformanceLicenceApp2016 (in PDF format) to download our Performance License Application. No production rights can be granted until this application is filled out and sent to us.
- Premiere at Brigham Young University — 1972
From the catalog of