(For production by LDS Wards, Stakes and Community Groups. Colleges and Universities may also find it interesting.)
While perfect for use by, say, a Relief Society for their monthly meeting, it can also be theatrically produced by a Ward, Stake or Community Theatre. The topics associated with the play are: Prayer, Faith, Pioneers, Trials, Enduring, Being Thankful. It can be produced as a Reader’s Theatre or it can be memorized. It is very simple. No setting. No props. Costumes could be worn, or the characters could stay in modern dress. That might tie-in more closely the prayers from Winter Quarters with women of the modern day. For a Relief Society presentation, each prayer could be separately cast to involve more women.
- Simple Costumes
- No props or settings mandatory
- About 20 minutes
- Order # 2055
Available Soon for ALL producing groups.
“We performed this for our Relief Society and it was received with tears.” — Ron Babin, Sudbury Ontario Ward.
The Perusal Pages File (in PDF format) can be read by clicking PrayersFromWinterQuartersPERUSAL It contains the first scene of the five scene script.
- ZTPerformanceLicenceApp2016 (in PDF format) to download our Performance License Application. No production rights can be granted until this application is filled out and sent to us.
PRODUCTION MATERIALS AVAILABLE
- Script in PDF format — Order #2055a : $15.00 (from which you will be authorized to copy for your production)
- First Performance Amateur/Educational Royalty — Order #2055d : $15
- Second Performance Amateur/Educational Royalty — Order #2055e : $15
- Professional Royalties will be quoted upon application
- Sudbury Ontario LDS Ward — March 17, 2018
- Central Point Oregon 1st Ward — March 8, 2018
From the catalog of