ALTARS — 2M1W. Open Setting
TOMBS — 2M 1W. Open Setting. Time for each: Just under an hour.
(For production by Professional Groups, College/University Groups, Community Groups, High Schools, LDS Church Groups, Youth Theatres)
STONES is the recipient of the 2001 Award for Drama from the Association for Mormon Letters. “STONES is a perfect example of the three keys to playwrighting: Story, Character, Dialogue. Both acts thousands of years apart in real time, appear outwardly to tell two different stories. But the similarities in the themes of faith and family reach across the years to bind the play into one coherent story that is relevant today and will always be as long as humans walk the Earth.”
ALTARS is the story of Abraham, Isaac and Sarai. TOMBS is the story of Mary, Jesus and Joseph. Each story is told in simple terms, presentation-wise. No elaborate costumes or setting, the production is intended to focus on the storytelling: the conflicts within, and the character relationships; along with the symbolism that is inherent in these parable-like tales. These plays can be presented separately but it is recommended by us and preferred by the author that they be performed in tandem.
- About 100 minutes
- ORDER # 2020
Available for ALL producing groups.
- Perusal Pages File Available here: StonesPERUSAL (The PDF file contains one half of each act (1/2 Altars and 1/2 of Tombs, along with all the pertinent script and background information.)
- Or you can read the entire play in the new Anthology: Saints On Stage (Available from Zarahemla Books)
- You can also order the KINDLE ebook for $6.99 (HERE). It is not a legal rehearsal/performance copy. The play may not be produced from this copy.
REHEARSAL MATERIALS AVAILABLE:
- Script in PDF format — Order #2020a : $25.00 (from which you will be authorized to copy for your production)
- First Performance Ward/Stake/Amateur/Educational Royalty — Order #2020d : $70
- Second Performance Ward/Stake/Amateur/Educational Royalty — Order #2020e : $60
- Professional Royalties will be quoted upon application
- ZTPerformanceLicenceApp2016 (in PDF format) to download our Performance License Application. No production rights can be granted until this application is filled out and sent to us. (We are working on an ONLINE PDF filler form)
- Music CD (music composed for the play’s intervals) Order #2020j : $15.00
- Escondido California — 2008
- Covey Center for the Arts, Provo — 2008
- Center Street Theatre (Nauvoo Theatrical Society) Orem, Utah — 2003
- Little Brown Theatre (Redbeard Productions) Springville, Utah — 2001
- Staged Reading — Provo Theatre Company — 2000
NEW NOVELIZATION of this tremendous story
This title is available exclusively from