with additional music from M. Ryan Taylor, Eric Stoddard and Kim Stoddard.
(For production by LDS Wards, Stakes and Community theatres.)
This original musical follows the challenges of a young New York City singer and his bride-to-be as they journey from the glamor of New York City to a slave-market in New Orleans where the young man is about to be sold as a slave. A daring escape aided by Elder Elijah Abel lets them travel to the bustling new city of Nauvoo. In the process they discover what really matters as they travel with Elder Elijah Abel (the first Black man to hold the Priesthood — and also he was on the Council of Seventy in Nauvoo) and confront Joseph Smith and learn of the Restored Gospel from several surprising sources during the last week of the life of Joseph Smith; June 23-27, 1844.
- 17M 9W 2TeenBoys 1TeenGirl + dancers and an ensemble of adults and children
- Multi-location setting
- About 110 minutes + intermission
- Order # 2066
For more information and production hints visit: http://strangersinnauvoo.blogspot.com/
Now available for all LDS Groups.
- The PERUSAL PAGES file (in PDF format) is available here: StrangersInNauvooPERUSAL
- A DVD of the original SF Canyon Stake production is available for $7.00. (Stationary camera in the back of the house.) E-mail for a copy. A PayPal bill will be sent to you.
- ACT ONE
- #1 — OVERTURE
- #2 — SUPERIOR — Abigail and JM
- #2a — SUPERIOR (Reprise) — JM
- #3 — Abigail’s Lament — Abigail
- #3a — Pizzaz Man underscore
- #4 — PIZZAZ MAN — JM & GIRLS
- #5 — DEEP DOWN BELOW — JM & Abigail
- #6 — MASTER’S CHAIN — JM & Elijah
- #7 — WANNA SING LIKE YOU — Elijah
- #8 — IS THERE LIGHT IN DISTANT SHADOWS — JM
- #9 — YES, THERE’S LIGHT — Elijah
- ACT TWO
- #10 — Entreacte
- #10a — Underscore
- #11 — WHERE IS HE? — Emma, Allison, Heber
- #12 — NAUVOO, THE BEAUTIFUL! — Mayor and Company
- #13 — IF HE LIVES, HE’LL INFLAME — Dunn
- #14 — WHITTLIN’ WHISTLIN’ BRIGADE — Boys and Girls
- #15a — Which One Is True Underscore
- #15b — WHICH ONE IS TRUE — Young Joseph
- #16 — HEAVENLY FATHER LOVES YOU — Children
- #17 — Though Deepening Trials Underscore
- #18 — MISSISSIPPI SWIRL — Joseph
- #18a — MISSISSIPPI SWIRL — JM & Abigail
- #19 — CALM AS A SUMMER’S MORNING — Joseph and Company
- #20 — MIRED IN THE MUD — Chorus
- #21 — EMMA’S SONG — Emma
- #22 — A Poor Wayfaring Man of Grief Scene Change
- #23 — Though Deepening Trials Underscore
- #24 — A POOR WAYFARING MAN OF GRIEF — Joseph
- #25 — ETERNAL JOY — Elijah & Company
SONG SAMPLES (nothing yet for this show. You may arrange for the purchase of the DVD, which will have the songs)
REHEARSAL MATERIALS AVAILABLE
- Performance License Application: No production rights can be granted until this application is filled out and sent to us. This is a filler form that after you click “SUBMIT” will send directly to our email address. Response averages 2-3 business days.
- Script in PDF format — Order #2066a : $15.00 (from which you will be authorized to make copies for your production)
- Piano-Vocal Score (in PDF format) — Order #2066b : $30.00 (from which you will be authorized to make copies for your production)
- Vocal Book — no vocal book for this title
- First Performance Amateur/Educational Royalty — Order #2066d : Royalty terms quoted on application
- Second Performance Amateur/Educational Royalty — Order #2066e : Royalty terms quoted on application
- Professional Royalties will be quoted upon application
- Orchestrations (in PDF format) — Order # 2066h : $100.00 List of parts available soon.
EMAIL us for rights and information. Be sure to give us anticipated performance dates and the address of your group and, if different, your theatre. Please also include a contact name and phone number.
NOTE ON SHEET MUSIC OF INDIVIDUAL SONGS: If you are looking for sheet music for a particular song from the show, we can make that available to you for a small fee. We have had a lot of demand for this and, while we love to make the big bucks, we would prefer to just meet your needs and get you the song you want at a more nominal price, which in the end is better for you and easier for us. [or see the Vocal Selections below]
- Spanish Fork Canyon View Stake — 2014
From the catalog of