DRAMA / ACTING CLASS / AUDITIONING
Scenes and Monologues from the best available plays by LDS Authors, with LDS Themes and Characters, reflecting LDS Culture and Beliefs.
This book is for those who take classes and need clean and challenging material. It is also for the discerning auditioner who wants to stand out.
Besides the dramatic material available inside, there are hints and techniques about how to land a role through an audition.
Every actor who is LDS will find something in this book to use; something that will make their auditioning and performing on stage, and in the classroom, more memorable, more excellent, and maybe even more profitable!
The scenes in this volume have been selected from the following plays and musicals:
- And Some Cried Fraud! — A Play by Thom Duncan.
- The Anointed — A Musical by Thomas F. Rogers and C. Michael Perry.
- Brothers — A Play by J. Scott Bronson.
- The Brothers — A Play by Christie Lund Coles.
- Charlie’s Monument — a Musical by Susan McCloud, Marvin Payne and K. Newell Dayley
- The Dance — A Musical by Carol Lynn Pearson & J.A.C. Redford.
- Family — A Play by Eric Samuelsen.
- Fire In The Bones — A Play by Thomas F. Rogers.
- The Forge and the Fire — A Musical By Max C. Golightly
- Huebener — A Play by Thomas F. Rogers.
- Jedediah! — A Musical by James G. Lambert and C. Michael Perry.
- Liberty Jail — A Musical by Orson Scott Card and C. Michael Perry.
- Martyr In Waiting — a short play by Carol Lynn Pearson.
- Matters of the Heart — A Play by Thom Duncan.
- Move On! — A Play by Carol Lynn Pearson.
- The Plan — a Play by Eric Samuelsen.
- The Planemaker — A musical play by Marvin Payne and Guy Randle.
- Reunion — A Play by Thomas F. Rogers.
- A Sceptre, A Sword, A Scented Rose — A Play by Thom Duncan.
- Stones — A Play by J. Scott Bronson.
- A Teenage Witness To The Martyrdom — A Short Musical by C. Michael Perry.
- They Called Him Brother Joseph — A Musical by Elizabeth Hansen and C. Michael Perry.
- The Unfortunate Courtship of Brian Tanner — a short play by Jerry Argetsinger.
- Wisdom Tree — A Musical By Max C. Golightly, Yutonna Kerbs
- 6″ x 9″ (15.24 x 22.86 cm)
- Pages: 180
- Black & White on White paper
- ISBN-13: 978-1490316970
- ISBN-10: 1490316973
- RETAIL: $10.95
- BISAC: Performing Arts / Acting & Auditioning
- Purchase the book for $10.00 (+ shipping and Maine Sales tax) by clicking on the “Add To Cart” button below:
- The KINDLE version is here! Click to buy directly from Amazon.com/Kindle for only $5.99
From the catalog of