by Alexandra Grace Gaver
This thrilling new play follows Bri, a young tooth fairy on the adventure of a lifetime. Desperate to prove herself, she starts off on a daring quest to save the world from bad dreams. Bri’s quest takes her from the home of the Boogeyman, to the kingdom of trolls, even all the way to the moon! As with all quests, by their vary nature, Bri learns things she did not know––about herself and the world around her. This wacky, heartfelt show is extremely interactive and a hit with children and adults alike! A Children’s Theatre of Hampton Roads Playscript.
This play has a slight restriction on its performance. The Children’s Theatre of Hampton Roads is the only company that many perform the play in the following cities in Virginia: Virginia Beach, Norfolk, Portsmouth, Chesapeake, Suffolk, Newport News and Hampton.
- about 60 minutes
- 1f 10either gender (all can double as ensemble except for Bri and DB)
Bri – A spoiled, arrogant, young fairy from a well-known tooth fairy family (female)
DB – A dust bunny who longs for more excitement (designed to be a puppet)
The Proctor – A tooth fairy test proctor (think DMV test proctor) who is getting too old for this
The Boogeyman – The ruler of BoogeyTown; the creator of scary dreams
The Bookworm – He’s a worm and he knows everything
The Shoemaker’s Elves – They’re almost feral and obsessed with footwear. Their lines are should be performed in some sort of pidgin German/English
The Man In The Moon – He has an astronomically large ego (no pun intended)
Troll Guard – He’s not too bright, but he gets an “A” for effort
The Mountain King – The evil, ambitious king of all trolls and goblins
Child – A kid
Dad – The child’s long suffering father. (not seen onstage)
The Giant Soda Can – It’s a giant soda can
- Fluid setting with multiple locations
- Contemporary/Fantasy costumes
- ORDER #3207
- NOTE: Slightly restricted in the Hampton Roads, Virginia area due to the fact that they keep this play in repertory.
PERUSAL SCRIPT: The PDF of 1/2 of the script is available: NotSoScaryPERUSAL
Any PDF purchased will be emailed to your email address — if you need to provide that to us (not the one on your PayPal account), EMAIL us. CDs will be mailed to a snail mail address. Before we ship any rehearsal material we will need your performance dates, the name of your organization and the theatre where you will perform.
Email us prior to your order so we have the info to give you a complete quote. EMAIL us for rights and information. Be sure to give us anticipated performance dates and the address of your group and, if different, your theatre. Please also include a contact name and phone number.
- Script in PDF format — Order #3207a : $20.00 (will be sent to you by email, from which you will be authorized to print copies for your production)
- First Performance Amateur/Educational Royalty — Order #3207d : $50.00
- Second Performance Amateur/Educational Royalty — Order #3207e : $40.00
- Professional Royalties will be quoted upon application
- Performance License Application: LBTLicenseApplication072017 No production rights can be granted until this application is filled out and sent to us.
- PREMIERE: Children’s Theatre of Hampton Roads — 2013
The following is how the credits should read in all programs, posters, fliers, handbills and other promotional advertising for the show:
The Not-So-Scary Nightmare Adventure
Alexandra Grace Gaver
NOTE: The names of the Playwright(s), Composer, Lyricist, and Bookwriter shall be equal in size, type, coloring, boldness, and prominence. No billing shall appear in type larger or more prominent than the billing to the Authors except for the title of the play.
“The Not-So-Scary Nightmare Adventure” is presented through special arrangement with Leicester Bay Theatricals. All authorized materials are also supplied by LBT, www.leicesterbaytheatricals.com”
from the catalog of