(For production by Professional Groups, College/University Groups, Community Groups, LDS & Other Church Groups)
The play examines some of the real-life dilemmas and emotions that face us all— choice and consequences, pain and difficulty and joy—framed in a series of short scenes from the Old Testament. This is Samuelsen’s twenty-fifth produced play, and his experience is evident. The Plan shows us real people dealing with real problems. Earnest, sincere, guilty, and oftimes hilarious, Samuelsen’s characters span the gamut of human experience. Six short themed plays make up the evening: GAIA, BATHSHEBA, RUTH IN THE HOUSE OF BOAZ, RACHEL’S SISTER, OUTSIDE JERICHO and EVE, DYING. Each of these short plays can be performed on its own. But if the entire cycle is produced, it can be performed with as few as two actors (1 M 1 F), or with any number up to eleven (5 F 6 M). Gaia and Eve must be played by the same actress.
- Cast of 9-11: The 6 Male roles and 6 Female roles most often are doubled to 4M 5W. Can be done with as few as 1 actress and 1 actor
- About 90 minutes
- ORDER # 2030
Available for ALL producing groups.
- The PERUSAL PAGES file for THE PLAN is a PDF document that contains half of each one of the short plays that make up the larger drama. It is downloadable by clicking The Plan PERUSALPAGES.
REHEARSAL MATERIALS AVAILABLE
- Script in PDF format — Order #2030a : $25.00 (from which you will be authorized to copy for your production)
- First Performance Ward/Stake/Amateur/Educational Royalty — Order #2030d : $65
- Second Performance Ward/Stake/Amateur/Educational Royalty — Order #2030e : $55
- Professional Royalties will be quoted upon application
- ZTPerformanceLicenceApp2016 (in PDF format) to download our Performance License Application. No production rights can be granted until this application is filled out and sent to us.
- Published in Sunstone Magazine, 2009
- Premiere at Covey Center for the Arts in Provo, Utah — 2011
Photo from the original production at The Covey Center for the Arts in Provo Utah:
From the catalog of