Book and Lyrics by Christie Lund Coles
Music by Larry Bastian
A righteous man who already has six wives has found another lamb to bring into his protective fold. But there is one big problem: his oldest son has fallen in love with this very same young lady. A fun and funny musical comedy.
- Characters: 2M 7W 3Teenboys 2Teengirls 1girl + ensemble, if desired
- About 90 minutes
- Settings: 3 interiors
- Order # 2074
Available for all groups.
- The PERUSAL PAGES file (in PDF format) is available here: RedPlushParlorPERUSAL
- ACT ONE
- #1 — Overture — Orchestra
- Scene 1 — The Sitting Room of the KNUDSEN home in Salt Lake City.
- #2 — The Wives’ Song — Wives and Dancers
- #3 — Goodness Knows — Annie and Wives
- #4 — Scene Change Music — Orchestra
- Scene 2 — Upstairs sitting area, late evening
- #5 — The Trials of a Married Man — Lars
- #6 — Prelude to Act II — Orchestra
- ACT TWO
- Scene 1 — The Red Plush Parlor, as opulent as it can be
- #7 — The Red Plush Parlor — Wives
- #8 — I Saw Her There — John
- #9 — I Saw You There (Reprise No. 1) — Francine
- #10 — Background to Greeting Scene & Scene Change Music — Orchestra
- Scene 2 — The Red Plush parlor, several hours later
- #11 — I Saw You There (reprise #2) — John & Francine
- #12 — A Man of My Own — Francine
- #13 — Prelude to Act III — Orchestra
- ACT THREE
- Scene 1 — The Red Plush Parlor, the following day
- #14 — Dress Up Day — Children
- #15 — Party Scene — Orchestra
- #16 — I Saw You There (Reprise No. 2) — Francine & John
- #17 — Confrontation Scene — Lars and Liza
- Scene 2 — The Red Plush Parlor, sometime later
- #18 — Finale — Entire Cast
SONG SAMPLES — no recordings were ever made, so we suggest that you order a Perusal Piano-Vocal Score, below. Your perusal fee will be credited to your PVS Rental should you decide to produce the show. Please contact us in any case as we may be able to make other arrangements.
REHEARSAL MATERIALS AVAILABLE
- Performance License Application: No production rights can be granted until this application is filled out and sent to us. This is a filler form that after you click “SUBMIT” will send directly to our email address. Response averages 2-3 business days.
- Script in PDF format — Order #2074a : $25.00 (will be sent to you by email, from which you will be authorized to make copies for your production)
- Piano-Vocal Score (in PDF format) — Order #2074b : $25.00 (will be sent to you by email, from which you will be authorized to make copies for your production)
- Vocal Book —There is NO Vocal Book available for this title.
- First Performance Amateur/Educational Royalty — Order #2074d : $50 (for the first or only performance)
- Second Performance Amateur/Educational Royalty — Order #2074e : $50 (For each successive performance)
- Professional Royalties will be quoted upon application.
- Orchestrations (in PDF Format) — Order #2074h : $30.00 (for Flute, Trumpet/Trombone [to which Bass and Drums can be added, but there are no charts for Bass & Drums] will be sent to you by email, from which you will be authorized to make copies for your production)
- Other productions for which the records are lost
- Provo 3rd Ward — 1982
- Valley Center Theatre — 1976
- Brigham Young University — 1966 (A great success!)
from the catalog of