Book, Music & Lyrics by C. Michael Perry
(TYA) (For production by Professional Groups, College/University Groups, Community Groups, High Schools, Middle Schools/Junior High Schools, Church Groups, Children’s Theatres/Youth Theatres)
Adapted from the Mark Twain novel, this TOM SAWYER tells the story of Tom & Huck and Tom & Becky as teenagers, not young children, theirs is a story of adolescent awakening — the plot is woven together by the ominous thread of Injun Joe who wants revenge on Tom. The story is intact and most of the familiar scenes are there, but, many of the wonderful scenes skipped over by other dramatists are included to heighten the subplot and conflict. The musical has heart and doesn’t whitewash the characters or the events. Yet, it still remains a musical that the entire family of man will enjoy. With songs like: “A Right Fine Day!”, “I Got Me A Girl!”, “Come On Along!”, “Gotta Keep Mum”, “I’m Gratified” and “Trouble Signs” your audience will be totally involved and tapping their feet for an unequaled experience with Mark Twain’s lively characters.
- 11M 5W 9Teenboys 7Teengirls.
- Space setting.
- 2 hrs.
- Piano accompaniment & PerformanceTraks
- Order #3012
Available for ALL producing groups.
- The PERUSAL PAGES file is in PDF format and contains the first half of this musical: TomSawyerPERUSAL
- ACT ONE
- #1 — OVERTURE — orchestra
- #2–A RIGHT FINE DAY! — The cast
- #3 –GOTTA KEEP MUM — Tom & Huck
- #4 –I’M GRATIFIED — Muff Potter, Tom & Huck
- #5 –GOTTA KEEP MUM (REPRISE) — Tom & Huck
- #6a –A FRIEND LIKE YOU — Becky
- #6b — A FRIEND LIKE YOU — Tom & Becky
- #7a –ON JACKSON’S ISLAND — Tom, Huck, Ben & Joe
- #7b — ON JACKSON’S ISLAND — continued
- #8 — ON JACKSON’S ISLAND — reprise
- #9 — POOR BOYS! — Company
- #10– OH TOM! — Polly
- #11–TROUBLE SIGNS — Tom & Huck
- ACT TWO
- #12– I GOT ME A GIRL! — Tom & Becky
- #13 — TROUBLE SIGNS! (reprise) — Tom & Huck
- #14– COME ON ALONG! — Jeff, Tom, Becky, Boys & Girls
- #15– FINALE
- #16 — CURTAIN CALL
DEMO SAMPLES –– these demos are made from the FINALE Music Notation files without vocals. There will be an instrument playing the melody
PURCHASE REHEARSAL MATERIALS:
- Performance License Application: No production rights can be granted until this application is filled out and sent to us. This is a filler form that after you click “SUBMIT” will send directly to our email address. Response averages 2-3 business days.
(Any PDF purchased will be emailed to your email address — if you need to provide that to us (not the one on your PayPal account?), email us. CDs will be mailed to a snail mail address. Do not purchase rehearsal materials or pay for royalties until you have performance clearance.)
- Script in PDF format — Order #3012a : $20.00 (from which you will be authorized to copy for your production)
- Vocal Book in PDF format — Order #3012b : $15.00 (from which you will be authorized to copy for your production)
- Piano-Vocal Score in PDF format — Order #3012c : $25.00 (from which you will be authorized to copy for your production)
- First Performance Amateur/Educational Royalty — Order #3012d : $110 (for the first or only performance)
- Second Performance Amateur/Educational Royalty — Order #3012e : $90 (for each successive performance)
- Professional Royalties will be quoted upon application.
- PerformanceTrak CD — Order #3012j : $50.00 rental (This must be returned to us following your performance run)
- Creative Arts Theatre School — 2002
- Camp Turk — 2002
- Children’s Performers of the Arts — 2001
- Pleasant Grove Youth Theatre — 1998
- Spanish Fork Children’s Theatre — 1994
- CLIO Cast and Crew — 1993
- American School of Caracas (Venezuela) — 1993
- Premiere at Sherwood Hills Junior High School — 1989
The following is how the credits should read in all programs, posters, fliers, handbills and other promotional advertising for the show:
A Family Musical
Book, Music and Lyrics by
C. Michael Perry
NOTE: The names of the Playwright(s), Composer, Lyricist, and Bookwriter shall be equal in size, type, coloring, boldness, and prominence. No billing shall appear in type larger or more prominent than the billing to the Authors except for the title of the play. (In a press release all type, will of course, be the same size.)
THIS NOTICE MUST APPEAR IN ALL PROGRAMS, ON ALL POSTERS AND PUBLICITY MATERIALS AND INTERNET ADVERTISING/WEBPAGES FOR THE PLAY:
“Tom Sawyer is presented through special arrangement with Leicester Bay Theatricals. All authorized materials are also supplied by LBT, www.leicesterbaytheatricals.com”
From the catalog of