(For production by Professionals, Community Theatres, College-University Theatres.)
The musical story of one couple’s daring escape!
Val and Elizabeth Utley are a Seattle couple best described as “typical.” Elizabeth, through whose eyes most of the story is told, is a harried and overworked housewife who feels ignored by her husband, who, despite being an accountant, mainly wants to have fun and avoid serious issues. In an attempt to “start over,” Elizabeth drags Val back to Salina, Utah, where they spent their honeymoon. Val, being impossibly thick-headed, hasn’t the first clue that Elizabeth is trying to put the spark back in their marriage, or that sparks are even missing. Eventually, everything comes to a head, and the problems are dealt with in a fashion where not everything is resolved, but enough to realize they need to get back to what they had before; that what they have lost is mostly reclaimable.
- 1M 1W
- 1 interior
- About 90 minutes
- Order #2064
Available now for production by all groups.
- The PERUSAL PAGES file (in PDF format) is available here: WedlockedPERUSAL
- The Woman’s Friend
- Wedlocked (Reprise)
- Where The World Began
- If You Were Listening
- If You Were Listening (reprise)
- Sleeping With A Stranger
- I Wanted Eden
- Can We Light Another Candle
SONG SAMPLES (Instrumental DEMOS made from the Finale Music Notation files)
REHEARSAL MATERIALS AVAILABLE
- Performance License Application: No production rights can be granted until this application is filled out and sent to us. This is a filler form that after you click “SUBMIT” will send directly to our email address. Response averages 2-3 business days.
- Script in PDF format — Order #2064a : $25.00 (from which you will be authorized to copy for your production)
- Vocal Book in PDF format — Order #2064b : $15.00 (from which you will be authorized to copy for your production)
Piano-Vocal Score in PDF format — Order #2064c : $30.00 (from which you will be authorized to copy for your production)
- First Performance Amateur/Educational Royalty — Order #2064d : Royalty terms quoted on application
- Second Performance Amateur/Educational Royalty — Order #2064e : Royalty terms quoted on application
- Professional Royalties will be quoted upon application
- Performance Tracks — Order #2064j: $150.00 flat rental fee (coming soon — contains song backings and SFX cuts)
- AUDIO of the “VIDEO” used in the production — Rental fee of $15.00 (email us for a copy. This will only be leased to a licensed production)
NOTE ON SHEET MUSIC OF INDIVIDUAL SONGS: If you are looking for sheet music for a particular song from the show, we can make that available to you for a small fee. We have had a lot of demand for this and, while we love to make the big bucks, we would prefer to just meet your needs and get you the song you want at a more nominal price, which in the end is better for you and easier for us.
- Covey Center for the Arts, Provo, Utah — 2008
- Little London Dinner Theatre, Pleasant Grove, Utah — 2000
- Premiered at the S.C.E.R.A. Showhouse, Orem, Utah — 2000
from the catalog of