A play that questions all your answers by Eric Samuelsen
(For production by Professional Groups, College/University Groups, Community Groups, ALL & LDS Church Groups)
An unconventional missionary play set in the Oslo Norway Mission. The concepts and conflicts that sometimes divide us, that really should unite us through tolerance and understanding are explored in this tight drama about mission life, testimony, and Church Doctrine. A quote from the play: “Blindly through the darkness–The mist is the world, its noise and confusion. The mist is the adversary, dragging us with him. And our best guide is a compass. Our only guide is a handrail.” We do the best we can. Each of us. We obey, or try to. We understand, if we can. We struggle, climb, reach, fail, try again. Hey, it’s not about just the mission, it’s about life! What makes it work — love from pure hearts. And the surprising thing is, you never know where or when you will find that pure heart.
- 6M 3W
- About 2 hours
- ORDER #2025
The PERUSAL PAGES file (in PDF format) will be available here: WithoutRomancePERUSAL This PDF file contains the first act of this 2-act play.
REHEARSAL MATERIALS AVAILABLE
- Script in PDF format — Order #2025a : $20.00 (from which you will be authorized to copy for your production)
- First Performance Amateur/Educational Royalty — Order #2025d : $75
- Second Performance Amateur/Educational Royalty — Order #2025e : $65
- Professional Royalties will be quoted upon application
- ZTPerformanceLicenceApp2016 (in PDF format) to download our Performance License Application. No production rights can be granted until this application is filled out and sent to us.
- Mormon Arts Festival, 1997
- Premiered at Brigham Young University, 1997
from the catalog of