Book, Music and Lyrics by Meg Phillips Crespy
Suitable for Professional, Amateur and Educational theatres for Children and Youth, TYA
BEFORE NEVERMORE is a mashup of Poe tales including The Gold Bug, The Purloined Letter and The Pit & The Pendulum, with references to others. Aided by a raven named, Nevermind, Poe investigates a mysterious paper that was found in a bottle, creating history’s first detective fiction along the way. With a dash of audience participation, a bumbling villainous duo, jokes for young and old, and four delightful songs, this show points to many of the masterworks created by Edgar Allan Poe, and gives a humorous look into the process of how a story is discovered.
The SFX clips are included with the rental of the script/show, but they should still be ordered below
- 1M, 1F and 2 actors of either gender playing 5 characters.
- Several fluid settings between Philadelphia and the Delaware coast.
- 1840s Costumes
- Running Time: 35 mins
- Order # 3194
REVIEWS and COMMENTS:
- Perusal Pages File available BeforeNevermorePERUSAL (The PDF file contains the first half of the play along with all background information.)
- NEW! — A new way to peruse. The PRINT BOOK edition of Short Musicals for Young Audiences and Actors Book 2 (Volume 6 in the series THE THEATRE FOR YOUNG AUDIENCES contains “Before Nevermore” and five other short musicals. You can purchase it HERE for $14.95
- Once Upon A Midnight
- The First Mystery in History
- El Dorado
- Sidekick’s Lament
- Once Upon A Mid-Day
DEMO SAMPLES: (these mp3 files are from rough author demos) These are the five songs in this short musical
PURCHASING REHEARSAL MATERIALS:
Any PDF purchased will be emailed to your email address — if you need to provide that to us (not the one on your PayPal account), EMAIL us. CDs will be mailed to a snail mail address. Before we ship any rehearsal material we will need your performance dates, the name of your organization and the theatre where you will perform.
- Script in PDF format — Order #3194a : $20.00 (will be sent to you by email, from which you will be authorized to copy for your production)
- Vocal Book — Order # 3194b : $10.00 (will be sent to you by email, from which you will be authorized to copy for your production)
- Piano-Vocal Score — Order #3194c : $15.00 (will be sent to you by email, from which you will be authorized to copy for your production)
- SFX CD or Download — Order #3194k — Free with the rental of the Rehearsal Materials (will be emailed to you automatically with the rehearsal materials)
- First Performance Amateur/Educational Royalty — Order #3194d : $65.00
- Second Performance Amateur/Educational Royalty — Order #3194e : $50.00
- Professional Royalties will be quoted upon application
- PREMIERE: Talking Horse Productions, Columbia Missouri — 2014
The following is how the credits should read in all programs, posters, fliers, handbills and other promotional advertising for the show:
A Poe Adventure
Book, Music and Lyrics by
Meg Phillips Crespy
NOTE: The names of the Playwright(s), Composer, Lyricist, and Bookwriter shall be equal in size, type, coloring, boldness, and prominence. No billing shall appear in type larger or more prominent than the billing to the Authors except for the title of the play.
THIS NOTICE MUST APPEAR IN ALL PROGRAMS, ON ALL POSTERS AND PUBLICITY MATERIALS AND INTERNET ADVERTISING/WEBPAGES FOR THE PLAY:
“Before Nevermore: A Poe Adventure” is presented through special arrangement with Leicester Bay Theatricals. All authorized materials are also supplied by LBT, www.leicesterbaytheatricals.com”
from the catalog of