(Perfect for professional, educational, amateur groups.)
CTH is a series of vignettes that take place in a fictional Maine town called Broad Harbor. It pokes pointed fun at locals and of course, roasts folks from away. Centering around talk at the General Store and competitive Grandmothers cooking for the holidays, with a myriad of other antics from the locals and their favorite CFAs, this is more than a laugh-a-minute humor-fest as the target hits both close to home and far away.
- 23 characters which can be readily doubled and ‘regenderfied” as needed
- About 110 minutes
- Several Simple settings in and around a General Store
- Contemporary costumes
- ORDER #3036
Brent Hutchins starring in Closer To Home, Too! at The Grand Theatre in Ellsworth, Maine.
- PERUSAL SCRIPT: The PDF of the first act of the script is available: CTHFamilyVersionPERUSAL
- This play makes a perfect companion to FURTHER DOWNEAST. They are both by Brent Hutchins and the production arrangements can be very flexible, as both plays are published in one volume. Perform ONE show, or the OTHER [according to your license from us] — or MIX your favorite selections from the two of them for an evening of theatre that will be full of laughter. Contact Leicester Bay to make such arrangements.
- They could even be performed in repertory.
We are offering a compilation of CLOSER TO HOME and its sequel,
FURTHER DOWNEAST in a PRINT volume and KINDLE version
as an inexpensive way to peruse(read) both plays.
(See the PURCHASE SECTION below)
Any PDF purchased will be emailed to your email address — if you need to provide that to us (not the one on your PayPal account), EMAIL us. CDs will be mailed to a snail mail address. Before we ship any rehearsal material we will need your performance dates, the name of your organization and the theatre where you will perform.
Email us prior to your order so we have the info to give you a complete quote. EMAIL us for rights and information. Be sure to give us anticipated performance dates and the address of your group and, if different, your theatre. Please also include a contact name and phone number.
- Script in PDF format — Order #3038a : $25.00 (will be sent to you by email, from which you will be authorized to print copies for your production)
- KINDLE Version $7.00 ORDER FROM AMAZON HERE This version is NOT for use for rehearsal/production purposes, but it can be used for perusal purposes as well as for personal enjoyment.
- PRINT BOOK Perusal $12.95 • Order #3036ap
- Production Copies • 20 PRINT BOOKS $120.00 • Order #3036bulk
- First Performance Amateur/Educational Royalty — Order #3038d : $80.00
- Second Performance Amateur/Educational Royalty — Order #3038e : $70.00
- Professional Royalties will be quoted upon application
- Performance License Application: LBTLicenseApplication072017 No production rights can be granted until this application is filled out and sent to us.
- Levi Stewart Community Theatre, Corinna, Maine — June 2019
- The Grand Theatre (Billed as “Closer to Home, Too!”) — January 2019
- 3rd production: The Grand Theatre (return engagement by popular demand), in August of 2015
- 2nd production: The Grand Theatre in Ellsworth, in February of 2015
- 1st production: The Criterion Theater in Bar Harbor, fall of 2014
- 1st public reading: Meeting House Theater Lab at Hammond Hall, Winter Harbor, Maine, spring of 2013.
The following is how the credits should read in all programs, posters, fliers, handbills and other promotional advertising for the show:
Closer To Home
(Nothin’ Better’n Downeast)
a play by
NOTE: The names of the Playwright(s), Composer, Lyricist, and Bookwriter shall be equal in size, type, coloring, boldness, and prominence. No billing shall appear in type larger or more prominent than the billing to the Authors except for the title of the play.
“Closer To Home” is presented through special arrangement with Leicester Bay Theatricals. All authorized materials are also supplied by LBT, www.leicesterbaytheatricals.com”
from the catalog of