(For production by Professional, College/University, Community, Church, or High School group performing for young people)
Different does not have to mean weird or bad. In a great many cases, “Different=Amazing.”
The subject matter of this new play is drawn from real-life bullying experiences of elementary students, including current Salt Lake and Davis County students in Utah. The goal is to provide students with the tools to identify, address, cope and hopefully prevent bullying in their own schools, neighborhoods and lives. Each short piece shows a different dimension of bullying to help students understand the painful effects of bullying and the role they can play in addressing bullying behavior. Inspired by the 2010 event of the same name. The original production featured Tyson Baker and Latoya Rhodes, and was directed by Jerry Rapier, Plan-B’s Artistic Director.
- 1M 1W (Other actors could be added to play ancillary characters)
- 40 mins
- Simple prop setting
- ORDER #3077
- Available NOW for ALL producing groups!
PERUSAL MATERIALS AVAILABLE
- The PERUSAL PAGES file for Different = Amazing is available by clicking Different=AmazingPERUSAL. The PDF file is the first half of the play and all other pertinent information about the play.
- Here is a video about Different = Amazing, created by Plan-B Theatre Company and posted on YouTube:
- EMAIL us for rights and information. Be sure to give us anticipated performance dates and the address of your group and, if different, your theatre. Please also include a contact name and phone number.
PURCHASE REHEARSAL MATERIALS:
(Any PDF purchased will be emailed to your email address — if you need to provide that to us (not the one on your PayPal account?), email us. CDs will be mailed to a snail mail address. Do not purchase rehearsal materials or pay for royalties until you have performance clearance.)
- Script in PDF format — Order #3077a : $15.00 (from which you will be authorized to copy for your production)
- First Performance Amateur/Educational Royalty — Order #3077dd : $35
- Second Performance Amateur/Educational Royalty — Order #3077ee : $30
- Professional Royalties will be quoted upon application
- Faith Family Academy, DeSoto Texas –2015
- A Company in South Dakota — 2015
- Plan-B Theatre Company proposed School Tour — 2014-2015 school year
- Plan-B Theatre Company, Salt Lake City — February & March 2014 (Production Photos [in PDF]: PlanB PHOTOS)
- Good Company Theatre, Ogden (by Plan-B) March 2014
- Salt Lake City School District Tour (by Plan-B) February 2014
- Davis School District Tour (Davis Arts Council) by Plan-B — March 2014
The following is how the credits should read in all programs, posters, fliers, handbills and other promotional advertising for the show:
Different = Amazing
short plays on bullying
Matthew Ivan Bennett
NOTE: The names of the Playwright(s), Composer, Lyricist, and Bookwriter shall be equal in size, type, coloring, boldness, and prominence. No billing shall appear in type larger or more prominent than the billing to the Authors except for the title of the play. (In a press release all type, will of course, be the same size.)
- ALSO:THIS NOTICE MUST APPEAR IN ALL PROGRAMS, ON ALL POSTERS AND PUBLICITY MATERIALS AND INTERNET ADVERTISING/WEBPAGES FOR THE PLAY:
“Different = Amazing is presented through special arrangement with Leicester Bay Theatricals. All authorized materials are also supplied by LBT, www.leicesterbaytheatricals.com”
From the Catalog of