Perfect for High Schools, Youth Theatres, Colleges/Universities, Community, Church and Professional theatres.
Lifelines is the story of a grief counselor (Nell Hennessey) who has a reputation as an expert in helping others get through the pain of losing loved ones to suicide. Her assumed expertise lies in the fact that she herself has lost a brother to suicide. But when Nell recognizes her own signs of depression and that she is merely handing out platitudes and text book answers to her hurting patients’ quests for help and peace, Nell must decide to seek help herself. By working with some sincere and relentless teens who push the counselor with deep and searing questions, Nell realizes that she still has to go through the pain of her own loss in order to be effective in helping others. As Nell walks her journey, she is accompanied by some loyal and lively characters who pull her from the brink of despair and back onboard the good ship hope. This provocative and healing story of surviving suicide was premiered by San Antonio’s Ronald Reagan High School in February, 2005.
- 5M 5F + 12 Greek Chorus (6m 6f) OR 5M 4F playing major and smaller roles
- Open staging
- Contemporary costumes
- Order #3168
REVIEWS and COMMENTS:
- Perusal Pages File Available here: lifelinesperusal (The PDF file contains the first act of the play along with all background information.)
- EMAIL us for rights and information. Be sure to give us anticipated performance dates and the address of your group and, if different, your theatre. Please also include a contact name and phone number.
PURCHASING REHEARSAL MATERIALS:
Any PDF purchased will be emailed to your email address — if you need to provide that to us (not the one on your PayPal account), EMAIL us. CDs will be mailed to a snail mail address. Before we ship any rehearsal material we will need your performance dates, the name of your organization and the theatre where you will perform.
- Script in PDF format — Order #3168a : $25.00 (will be sent to you by email, from which you will be authorized to copy for your production)
- First Performance Amateur/Educational Royalty — Order #3168d : $65.00
- Second Performance Amateur/Educational Royalty — Order #3168e : $55.00
- Professional Royalties will be quoted upon application
EMAIL us for rights and information. Be sure to give us anticipated performance dates and the address of your group and, if different, your theatre. Please also include a contact name and phone number.
- PREMIERE: San Antonio’s Ronald Reagan High School — February, 2005
The following is how the credits should read in all programs, posters, fliers, handbills and other promotional advertising for the show:
Sheila Lynch Rinear
NOTE: The names of the Playwright(s), Composer, Lyricist, and Bookwriter shall be equal in size, type, coloring, boldness, and prominence. No billing shall appear in type larger or more prominent than the billing to the Authors except for the title of the play.
THIS NOTICE MUST APPEAR IN ALL PROGRAMS, ON ALL POSTERS AND PUBLICITY MATERIALS AND INTERNET ADVERTISING/WEBPAGES FOR THE PLAY:
“Lifelines’ is presented through special arrangement with Leicester Bay Theatricals. All authorized materials are also supplied by LBT, www.leicesterbaytheatricals.com”
from the catalog of