by J.D. Newman
Songs by Jennifer Haycock Errand
(Perfect for Amateur, Professional, Educational groups as well as Youth/Teen theatres.)
Jacqueline is a Gypsy maiden who yearns to settle down in a village. She steals her grandmother’s magic book and casts a spell on a large oak tree. Jacqueline hopes her “Gypsy Tree” will keep her rooted in the village where she has fallen in love with a young man. Jacqueline and her grandmother engage in a battle of magic, which changes their destinies and helps them to finally understand one another. This pastoral comedy is written in blank verse and rhyming couplets.
- 3m 3f
- About 90 minutes
- Period 1800s Fantasy costumes
- Exterior forest setting
- PREMIERE PLAY FILE
- Order #3126
Available for ALL producing groups!
- Perusal Pages File Available here: GypsyTreePERUSAL (The PDF file contains the first half of the play along with all background information.
- EMAIL us for rights and information. Be sure to give us anticipated performance dates and the address of your group and, if different, your theatre. Please also include a contact name and phone number.
PURCHASING REHEARSAL MATERIALS:
Performance License Application: LBTLicenseApplication072017 No production rights can be granted until this application is filled out and sent to us.
(Any PDF purchased will be emailed to your email address — if you need to provide that to us (not the one on your PayPal account?), email us. CDs will be mailed to a snail mail address) Before we ship any rehearsal material we will need your performance dates, the name of your organization and the theatre where you will perform.
- Script in PDF format — Order #3126a : $25.00 (from which you will be authorized to copy for your production) This production script includes the lead sheet music for the songs that are sung by the characters in this play.
- First Performance Amateur/Educational Royalty — Order #3126d : $65
- Second Performance Amateur/Educational Royalty — Order #3126e : $55
- PerformanceTrak CD — Order # 3126j — $45.00 (on CD or through a download)
- Professional Royalties will be quoted upon application
EMAIL us for rights and information. Be sure to give us anticipated performance dates and the address of your group and, if different, your theatre. Please also include a contact name and phone number.
- Premiere Production by Highland High School in Salt Lake City — 1994
- First Runner-Up in the 1991 Theatre Winter Haven Children’s Playwriting Competition
- Received the Rocky Mountain Theatre Association (RMTA) Doug Christensen Playwriting Award after a reading at Western Wyoming Community College in Rock Springs, Wyoming — 1993
The following is how the credits should read in all programs, posters, fliers, handbills and other promotional advertising for the show:
The Gypsy Tree
a play by
Songs by Jennifer Haycock
NOTE: The names of the Playwright(s), Composer, Lyricist, and Bookwriter shall be equal in size, type, coloring, boldness, and prominence. No billing shall appear in type larger or more prominent than the billing to the Authors except for the title of the play.
THIS NOTICE MUST APPEAR IN ALL PROGRAMS, ON ALL POSTERS AND PUBLICITY MATERIALS AND INTERNET ADVERTISING/WEBPAGES FOR THE PLAY:
“The Gypsy Tree is presented through special arrangement with Leicester Bay Theatricals. All authorized materials are also supplied by LBT, www.leicesterbaytheatricals.com”
from the catalog of