Suitable for Professional, Amateur and Educational theatres for Children and Youth, TYA
Written in melodrama style — in keeping with may of the theatricals of the period in which the original novel was written and the story set — the script encourages audience participation. It chronicles the adventures of Toad and his friends with a fast-moving storyline, lots of humor, and a nod to Kenneth Grahame’s beautiful prose. Although the primary audience is children, the script also contains references for adults, in the vein of the old Rocky and Bullwinkle cartoons.
- 1M, 4 actors of either gender.
- Several fluid settings.
- Running Time: 40 mins
- Order # 3195
REVIEWS and COMMENTS:
- Perusal Pages File available WITW PERUSAL (The PDF file contains the first half of the play along with all background information.)
- Wonderful Toad
- Here Comes The Weasel
- Whenever Toad Comes Home
- Wonderful Weasel
DEMO SAMPLES (these mp3s are rough author demos) All six songs from the show are demoed
PURCHASING REHEARSAL MATERIALS:
Any PDF purchased will be emailed to your email address — if you need to provide that to us (not the one on your PayPal account), EMAIL us. CDs will be mailed to a snail mail address. Before we ship any rehearsal material we will need your performance dates, the name of your organization and the theatre where you will perform.
- Script in PDF format — Order #3195a : $20.00 (will be sent to you by email, from which you will be authorized to copy for your production)
- Vocal Book — Order # 3195b : $10.00 (will be sent to you by email, from which you will be authorized to copy for your production)
- Piano-Vocal Score — Order #3195c : 15.00 (will be sent to you by email, from which you will be authorized to copy for your production)
- First Performance Amateur/Educational Royalty — Order #3195d : $65.00
- Second Performance Amateur/Educational Royalty — Order #3195e : $50.00
- Professional Royalties will be quoted upon application
- PREMIERE: Talking Horse Productions, Columbia Missouri — 2014
The following is how the credits should read in all programs, posters, fliers, handbills and other promotional advertising for the show:
The Wind in the Willows
A melodrama-style musical comedy
Meg Phillips Crespy
Adapted from the novel
“The Wind in the Willows”
by Kenneth Grahame
NOTE: The names of the Playwright(s), Composer, Lyricist, and Bookwriter shall be equal in size, type, coloring, boldness, and prominence. No billing shall appear in type larger or more prominent than the billing to the Authors except for the title of the play.
THIS NOTICE MUST APPEAR IN ALL PROGRAMS, ON ALL POSTERS AND PUBLICITY MATERIALS AND INTERNET ADVERTISING/WEBPAGES FOR THE PLAY:
“The Wind In The Willows” is presented through special arrangement with Leicester Bay Theatricals. All authorized materials are also supplied by LBT, www.leicesterbaytheatricals.com”
from the catalog of