by David Crespy
Music and Lyrics by Meg Phillips Crespy
(Perfect for TYA companies with Professional, Amateur, College/University or High School aged actors.)
In this madcap interactive children’s musical comedy, Hank & Cici Hunter are two kids sucked into the mysterious land beyond the TV screen: Zenith! Unless they save their Mom from the evil game show host, Neato Keen and his henchmen, the Couch Potatoes, they’ll be turned into couch potatoes themselves! Many opportunities for the audience to be coached into the action onstage through Creative Drama techniques.
- Either 6 actors: 2m, 2f, 2either OR 7 actors: 2m, 2f, 3either
- HANK HUNTER — overweight ten-year-old boy
CICI HUNTER — his sister, bespectacled and undernourished eleven-year-old girl
MOM — their mother
COUCH POTATO 1– a Creature of Zenith
COUCH POTATO 2– a Creature of Zenith
NEATO KEEN — the Evil Game Show Host
FERDY BEAR — a Cartoon Bear (can be played by actress playing Mom, or an additional performer, M or F)
- Simple or elaborate settings as desired. Works well in a found space
- Contemporary costumes, and anthropomorphic costumes/props.
- ORDER #3196
PERUSAL SCRIPT: The PDF of 1/2 of the script is available: Zenith Escape PERUSAL
NEW! — A new way to peruse. The PRINT BOOK edition of Short Musicals for Young Audiences and Actors Book 1 (Book 5 in the series THE THEATRE FOR YOUNG AUDIENCES contains “The Zenith Escape” and four other short musicals. You can purchase it HERE for $13.95
#1–Screens, Screens, Screens – Hank & Cici
#2– We Wanna be Entertained – Couch Potatoes 1 & 2
#3– Softine – Ferdy Bear (in two keys in case character is played by a separate actor/actress other than MOM)
#4–Ferdy’s Story – Ferdy Bear
#5–I am Keen – Neato Keen
#6–There’s a Storm a’ Comin’ – Neato Keen, Couch Potatoes 1 & 2
#7–Vegetable Song – Ferdy, Hank, & Cici
#8–The Big Turn Off – Ferdy, Hank, & Cici
#9–Happy Endings – Full Cast
DEMO SAMPLES: mp3 demos of the songs
Any PDF purchased will be emailed to your email address — if you need to provide that to us (not the one on your PayPal account), EMAIL us. CDs will be mailed to a snail mail address. Before we ship any rehearsal material we will need your performance dates, the name of your organization and the theatre where you will perform.
- Performance License Application: No production rights can be granted until this application is filled out and sent to us. This is a filler form that after you click “SUBMIT” will send directly to our email address. Response averages 2-3 business days.
- Performance License Application: LBTLicenseApplication072017 No production rights can be granted until this application is filled out and sent to us.
- DEMO CD — Order #3196f : $6.00 (including shipping and sales tax, will be shipped by Media Mail)
- Script in PDF format — Order #3196a : $20.00 (will be sent to you by email, from which you will be authorized to print copies for your production)
- Vocal Book in PDF format — Order #3196b : $15.00 (will be sent to you by email, from which you will be authorized to print copies for your production)
- Piano-Vocal Score in PDF format — Order #3196c : $30.00 (will be sent to you by email, from which you will be authorized to print copies for your production)
- First Performance Amateur/Educational Royalty — Order #3196d : (will be quoted upon application, send email with your info, or use the License Application below)
- Second Performance Amateur/Educational Royalty — Order #3196e : (will be quoted upon application, send email with your info, or use the License Application below)
- Professional Royalties will be quoted upon application
- WINNER: Columbia Entertainment’s Company’s Jackie White Memorial Playwriting Contest for Young Audiences— 1st Prize Winner and Staged Reading/Concert Version — May 5-7, 2017
- PREMIERE: —
The following is how the credits should read in all programs, posters, fliers, handbills and other promotional advertising for the show:
The Zenith Escape
A Theatre for Young Audiences Musical
Music and Lyrics by
Meg Phillips Crespy
NOTE: The names of the Playwright(s), Composer, Lyricist, and Bookwriter shall be equal in size, type, coloring, boldness, and prominence. No billing shall appear in type larger or more prominent than the billing to the Authors except for the title of the play.
“The Zenith Escape” is presented through special arrangement with Leicester Bay Theatricals. All authorized materials are also supplied by LBT, www.leicesterbaytheatricals.com”
from the catalog of