A multi-media musical for children by Shirlee Shields
Music by C. Michael Perry
(TYA) (For production by Professional Groups, College/University Groups, Community Groups, High Schools, Middle Schools/Junior High Schools, Elementary Schools, Church Groups, Children’s Theatres/Youth Theatres)
WITH AMBER ALERTS STILL HEADLINING THE NEWS NETWORKS AND NEWSPAPERS, THIS MUSICAL OFFERS A FUN AND CREATIVE WAY TO HELP YOUR CHILD TAKE CARE OF ONE THING THAT THEY CAN MANAGE: TELL SOMEONE WHERE YOU ARE GOING AND WITH WHOM.
Jack cannot find Jill to make their usual daily trip up the hill to fetch a pail of water. He seeks the help of his friends in Nursery Rhyme Land to search for her. The news of Jill’s disappearance is picked up by national TV and soon becomes the concern of the President of the United States and the United Nations. The United Nations unanimously votes to send Jack around the world to search for his missing Jill. Cow, however, has the clue, but doesn’t know what to do and sings her dilemma. Meanwhile, astronauts are being launched for a moon landing as part of the U.S. space program. When they arrive on the moon’s surface they find Jill. She has been up there visiting some moonbeams. How did she get there? Cow let her ride on her back when she jumped over the moon one day. Jill was getting a little bored around Nursery Rhyme Land just fetching water with Jack, so she convinced Cow to make a stop up there so she could visit some moonbeams, chat with the man in the moon and sample some green cheese. But alas, poor Cow could not get the weightless Jill on her back for the return trip. Back on earth, distraught Cow visits the TV news studio and tells her story on a national broadcast. The astronauts return Jill to earth, a large celebration is held in Washington D.C. and people from all over the world rejoice because everyone cares about the safety of a little girl. This play was written to encourage children that they must ALWAYS tell friends or family where they are going and NEVER go anywhere alone or with a stranger. A fun piece for CHILDREN and their families.
- 9M 8F + chorus (some roles can be played by either gender)
- 6 simple setting
- About an hour
- Order #3052
Available for ALL producing groups.
- Perusal Pages file document (in PDF format): WhereisJillPERUSAL
- #1 — NURSERY RHYME STREET Company
- Scene One — A Hill with trees
- #2 — WHERE IS JILL? Jack, Mary, Simon, Peter and Wife and Company
- Scene Two — TV Studio
- Scene Three — On Location
- Scene Four — The Village at night
- #3 — WHERE IS JILL? (reprise) Jack and Company
- Scene Five — TV Studio
- Scene Six — Mother Goose’s House
- #4 — OH, WHAT TO DO?! Cow
- Scene Seven — TV Studio & Various Other Locations
- Scene Eight — TV Studio and International Locations
- Scene Nine — Washington DC
- #5 — FINALE Company
PURCHASE REHEARSAL MATERIALS:
- Performance License Application: No production rights can be granted until this application is filled out and sent to us. This is a filler form that after you click “SUBMIT” will send directly to our email address. Response averages 2-3 business days.
(Any PDF purchased will be emailed to your email address — if you need to provide that to us (not the one on your PayPal account?), email us. CDs will be mailed to a snail mail address. Do not purchase rehearsal materials or pay for royalties until you have performance clearance.)
- Script in PDF format — Order #3052a : $25.00 (from which you will be authorized to copy for your production)
- Vocal Book in PDF format — Order #3052b : $15.00 (from which you will be authorized to copy for your production)
- Piano-Vocal Score in PDF format — Order #3052c : $20.00 (from which you will be authorized to copy for your production)
- First Performance Amateur/Educational Royalty — Order #3052d : $65 (for the first or only performance)
- Second Performance Amateur/Educational Royalty — Order #3052e : $50 (for each successive performance)
- Professional Royalties will be quoted upon application.
The following is how the credits should read in all programs, posters, fliers, handbills and other promotional advertising for the show:
WHERE IS JILL?
A One-act Multimedia Musical for Children
Book and Lyrics by
Shirlee Hurst Shields
Music and Lyrics by
C. Michael Perry
NOTE: The names of the Playwright(s), Composer, Lyricist, and Bookwriter shall be equal in size, type, coloring, boldness, and prominence. No billing shall appear in type larger or more prominent than the billing to the Authors except for the title of the play. (In a press release all type, will of course, be the same size.)
THIS NOTICE MUST APPEAR IN ALL PROGRAMS, ON ALL POSTERS AND PUBLICITY MATERIALS AND INTERNET ADVERTISING/WEBPAGES FOR THE PLAY:
“Where Is Jill! is presented through special arrangement with Leicester Bay Theatricals. All authorized materials are also supplied by LBT, www.leicesterbaytheatricals.com”
From the catalog of