by Henrik Ibsen
Adapted and Translated by Eric Samuelsen
(For production by Professional Groups, College/University Groups, Community Groups, and High Schools)
Mrs. Alving has spent her life meticulously creating the fantasy of a happy home and family and marriage, which explodes in revelations of sexually transmitted diseases, suicide and insanity. Quite possibly the most radical play in history.
Mature themes and mild language are present in the play.
- 3M 2W
- Several Locations on an estate in a fjord in Western Norway
- Costumes from the 1890s
- About 2 hours
- ORDER #3032
- The PERUSAL PAGES file is in PDF format and contains the first half of this play: Ghosts PERUSAL
- EMAIL us for rights and information. Be sure to give us anticipated performance dates and the address of your group and, if different, your theatre. Please also include a contact name and phone number.
PURCHASE REHEARSAL MATERIALS:
(Any PDF purchased will be emailed to your email address — if you need to provide that to us (not the one on your PayPal account?), email us. CDs will be mailed to a snail mail address. Do not purchase rehearsal materials or pay for royalties until you have performance clearance.)
- Script in PDF format — Order #3032a : $25.00 (from which you will be authorized to copy for your production)
- First Performance Amateur/Educational Royalty — Order #3032d : $75
- Second Performance Amateur/Educational Royalty — Order #3032e : $65
- Professional Royalties will be quoted upon application
- Premiere at Plan-B Theatre Company (SLC) — 2013
- As recognized by the Dramatists Guild of America, Plan-B Theatre Company is the only professional theatre company in the United States producing full seasons of new plays by local playwrights.
PRODUCTION PHOTOS FROM THE Plan-B Reading:
The following is how the credits should read in all programs, posters, fliers, handbills and other promotional advertising for the show:
Translated and Adapted by
NOTE: The names of the Playwright(s), Composer, Lyricist, and Bookwriter shall be equal in size, type, coloring, boldness, and prominence. No billing shall appear in type larger or more prominent than the billing to the Authors except for the title of the play. (In a press release all type, will of course, be the same size.)
THIS NOTICE MUST APPEAR IN ALL PROGRAMS, ON ALL POSTERS AND PUBLICITY MATERIALS AND INTERNET ADVERTISING/WEBPAGES FOR THE PLAY:
“ghosts is presented through special arrangement with Leicester Bay Theatricals. All authorized materials are also supplied by LBT, www.leicesterbaytheatricals.com”
From the catalog of