(For performance by Professional Theatres, College and University Groups, Community Groups, High Schools)
Have you ever attended a play where the actors seemed to do absolutely nothing? Well, here is that premise taken to the extreme. HE is reading a newspaper. SHE is watching television. They do nothing, until they hear a sound. Then they take the audience on a journey of frustration and laughter until the final sound brings a halt to the proceedings. This play has caused every emotional response possible from its audiences. And it is highly experimental. No performance has ever failed and some audiences have guessed early what is happening. Sometimes it took them a very long and hilarious time to get to the end. This script is a perfect blend of improvisation and control. You’ll have fun… and so will your audiences.
COUGHLAUGH is perfect as a ‘curtain warmer’ for a longer play, or as a part of an evening of short plays.
- 1M 1W
- Simple Setting
- From 7-45 minutes
- ORDER #3041
Available for ALL producing groups.
- The Perusal Pages File (in PDF format) can be read by clicking coughlaughPERUSAL It contains the first half of this short play.
- EMAIL us for rights and information. Be sure to give us anticipated performance dates and the address of your group and, if different, your theatre. Please also include a contact name and phone number.
PURCHASE REHEARSAL MATERIALS:
(Any PDF purchased will be emailed to your email address — if you need to provide that to us (not the one on your PayPal account?), email us. CDs will be mailed to a snail mail address. Do not purchase rehearsal materials or pay for royalties until you have performance clearance.)
- Script in PDF format — Order #3041a : $10.00 (from which you will be authorized to copy for your production)
- Performance Amateur/Educational Royalty — Order #3041d : $30.00 (for up to 10 performances)
- Professional Royalties will be quoted upon application.
- Revived at Brigham Young University, 2010 (So popular they brought it back!)
- Plan-B Theatre Company (SLC) — 2007
- Premiere at Brigham Young University, 1998
The following is how the credits should read in all programs, posters, fliers, handbills and other promotional advertising for the show:
A Theatrical Experiment in One Act
NOTE: The names of the Playwright(s), Composer, Lyricist, and Bookwriter shall be equal in size, type, coloring, boldness, and prominence. No billing shall appear in type larger or more prominent than the billing to the Authors except for the title of the play. (In a press release all type, will of course, be the same size.)
THIS NOTICE MUST APPEAR IN ALL PROGRAMS, ON ALL POSTERS AND PUBLICITY MATERIALS AND INTERNET ADVERTISING/WEBPAGES FOR THE PLAY:
“CoughLaugh is presented through special arrangement with Leicester Bay Theatricals. All authorized materials are also supplied by LBT, www.leicesterbaytheatricals.com”
From the Catalog of