(Under license from Prospero Arts and Media)
Never in a thousand years would Jimmy Stewart have considered being an actor…that is until he met the lovely actress Margaret Sullavan. She inspired a new direction for his wonderful life. As the subject of one of the great, unfulfilled love stories in Hollywood history, Jimmy Stewart and Margaret Sullavan had a complicated, but beautiful relationship. Jimmy owed much of his career to the feisty, yet secretly tender Margaret. She not only believed in Jimmy’s talent…but also in the goodness of his soul. Jimmy would need her faith in him as he faced an uphill battle against naysayers, manipulators, and a corrupt studio system that felt like it had little room for a starry eyed, stuttering yokel from Pennsylvania.
GENRES: Historical Drama, Comedy, Biography
(Artwork by Trevor Downs)
- 26 characters can be doubled/played by a cast of 10 with actors playing multiple roles (4f, 6 m)
- 2 hours.
- Several Interiors/Exteriors can be simply or elaborately portrayed.
- Period costumes of the 1920s to 1940s.
- ORDER #3301
“I found myself engaged from beginning to end thanks to [Mahonri Stewart’s] well-crafted script. Stewart’s natural and conversational writing style accentuated many of these great moments in [Jimmy] Stewart’s life … It was very evident that Stewart had done a lot of research in order to create such a detailed story.” – Johnny Hebda, Utah Theatre Bloggers Association
“We can’t stress enough how much you are really missing out if you don’t come see this touching, insightful, entertaining play about one of movie’s true icons.” – Chelsea Benjamin and Robert Craig, Front Row Reviewers
- A copy of the PERUSAL SCRIPT (in PDF format) which contains Act One of the script of the play is available, (it also has an extensive Author’s Note.): Jimmy Stewart Goes to Hollywood PERUSAL
- The PRINT VERSION of Jimmy Stewart Goes To Hollywood is published by PROSPERO ARTS AND MEDIA and is available on Amazon . The is a great way to peruse the entire script for $12.00 HERE
(Any PDF purchased will be emailed to your email address — if you need to provide that to us (not the one on your PayPal account?), email us. CDs will be mailed to a snail mail address. Do not purchase rehearsal materials or pay for royalties until you have performance clearance.)
- Script in PDF format — Order #3301a : $40.00 (from which you will be authorized to copy for your production)
- First Performance Amateur/Educational Royalty — Order #3301d : $90
- Second Performance Amateur/Educational Royalty — Order #3301e : $80
- Professional Royalties will be quoted upon application
- EMAIL us for rights and information. Be sure to give us anticipated performance dates and the address of your group and, if different, your theatre. Please also include a contact name and phone number.
The following is how the credits should read in all programs, posters, fliers, handbills and other promotional advertising for the show:
Jimmy Stewart Goes To Hollywood
NOTE: The names of the Playwright(s), Composer, Lyricist, and Bookwriter shall be equal in size, type, coloring, boldness, and prominence. No billing shall appear in type larger or more prominent than the billing to the Authors except for the title of the play. (In a press release all type, will of course, be the same size.)
THIS NOTICE MUST APPEAR IN ALL PROGRAMS, ON ALL POSTERS AND PUBLICITY MATERIALS AND INTERNET ADVERTISING/WEBPAGES FOR THE PLAY:
“JIMMY STEWART GOES TO WASHINGTON is presented through special arrangement with Premiére Theatrical Licensing on behalf of Leicester Bay Theatricals. All authorized materials are also supplied by LBT, www.leicesterbaytheatricals.com”
- Premiered by The Covey Center for the Arts, Provo, Utah, 2014
PRODUCTION STILLS (COVEY)
PRODUCTION PHOTOS (COVEY)