First performed in London at the Cambridge Theatre in the early 1971, this title is available nowhere else.
It was then brought to the States in the mid-1981 by Bruce Hertford in a stunning production mounted at BYU.
EDITOR’S NOTE: I was priviledged enough to see the production at BYU and am still mystified as to how I missed the London Production, when I was in London at the time is was playing (but I was only there for a week!) — C. Michael Perry
This is the story of Rugby School and Young Tom Brown as he faces the bully Flashman, befriends Ned East and learns the ways of manhood from Dr. Thomas Arnold — headmaster.
A terrific score with witty lyrics combine with a literate script to bring these vivid and time tested characters to life!
The original novel was the first of all the “British Public School” novels; all that followed, as good as they were, owe their inspiration to this seminal book. (Including “Goodbye, Mr. Chips: and the “Harry Potter” series.)
- Order #3011
This is a compilation about the original London Production! A lot of the songs are in the clip. It was produced by Dougal Rose, one of the Original Cast members of the London Production. More about Dougal can be found here: about.me/dougalrose
Soon to be available for ALL producing groups.
- The PERUSAL PAGES file is in PDF format and contains the first act of this musical: COMING SOON! (Act One in PDF format)
- EMAIL us for rights and information. Be sure to give us anticipated performance dates and the address of your group and, if different, your theatre. Please also include a contact name and phone number.
REHEARSAL MATERIALS TO BE AVAILABLE SOON
- Script in PDF format — Order #3011a : $20.00 (from which you will be authorized to copy for your production)
- Vocal Book in PDF format — Order #3011b : $10.00 (from which you will be authorized to copy for your production)
- Piano-Vocal Score in PDF format — Order #3011c : $15.00 (from which you will be authorized to copy for your production)
- First Performance Amateur/Educational Royalty — Order #3011d : Royalty terms quoted on application
- Second Performance Amateur/Educational Royalty — Order #3011e : Royalty terms quoted on application
- Professional Royalties will be quoted upon application
From the catalog of