A man mourning his mistress stays overnight in the cemetery where she’s buried. The festival of Samhain, or as we more commonly know it, Hallowe’en, is a favorite time of year for many people. This play from The Witching Hour, a collection of short plays of the haunting and the macabre is a perfect fit for the celebration of that season, or for any time of the year.
Content Advisory: Thematic elements. Suitable for most teens and adults.
Cover Art courtesy of Doug Jeppson
- 1f, 2m
MAN: devastated by the death of his lover, 20s to 50s
WOMAN: the Man’s dead lover, 20s or 30s
JACQUES OLIVANT: skeleton of a dead man
- About 11 minutes
- Period costumes
- Simple Setting and props
- ORDER # 3337
The Individual Plays in the Collection are available for separate performance:
REHEARSAL MATERIALS AVAILABLE
- Script in PDF format — Order #3337a : $15.00 (will be sent to you by email, from which you will be authorized to make copies for your production)
- First Performance Amateur/Educational Royalty — Order #3337d : $20.00 (for the first or only performance)
- Second Performance Amateur/Educational Royalty — Order #3337e : $20.00 (For each successive performance)
- Professional Royalties will be quoted upon licensing application
EMAIL us for rights and information. Be sure to give us anticipated performance dates and the address of your group and, if different, your theatre. Please also include a contact name and phone number.
The following is how the credits should read in all programs, posters, fliers, handbills and other promotional advertising for the show:
WAS IT A DREAM?
Cory Larsen and Kīra Shaffer
(Adapted from the Guy de Maupassant short story)
NOTE: The names of the Playwright(s), Composer, Lyricist, and Bookwriter shall be equal in size, type, coloring, boldness, and prominence. No billing shall appear in type larger or more prominent than the billing to the Authors except for the title of the play. (In a press release all type, will of course, be the same size.)
THIS NOTICE MUST APPEAR IN ALL PROGRAMS, ON ALL POSTERS AND PUBLICITY MATERIALS AND INTERNET ADVERTISING/WEBPAGES FOR THE PLAY:
“Was It A Dream? is presented through special arrangement with Leicester Bay Theatricals. All authorized materials are also supplied by LBT, www.leicesterbaytheatricals.com”
- PREMIERED 2021 at The Hive Collective, Provo, Utah
from the catalog of