For Professional, Amateur and Educational theatre groups playing for Family, Youth and Adult audiences.
Richard returns after 400 plus years to answer charges he feels Shakespeare and other historians have made against him. He believes in his heart that Shakespeare maligned him, and if he can just explain his position he will have the place in history he rightfully deserves; But Richard doesn’t find Shakespeare all bad: He is enchanted by the way Shakespeare portrays him as a seducer of women; by Shakespeare’s unflattering portrayal of Elizabeth and Margaret; and most importantly Shakespeare’s description of his death.
- 1M 1W (+ 2 optional supporting roles that can be played by the actress)
- Simple Setting
- Great for Touring
- About 70 minutes
- Order #3157
REVIEWS and COMMENTS:
- Perusal Pages File Available here:GloriousSonOfYork PERUSAL (The PDF file contains the first half of the play along with all background information.)
- EMAIL us for rights and information. Be sure to give us anticipated performance dates and the address of your group and, if different, your theatre. Please also include a contact name and phone number.
PURCHASING REHEARSAL MATERIALS:
(Any PDF purchased will be emailed to your email address — if you need to provide that to us (not the one on your PayPal account?), EMAIL us. CDs will be mailed to a snail mail address. Before we ship any rehearsal material we will need your performance dates, the name of your organization and the theatre where you will perform.
- Script in PDF format — Order #3157a : $20.00 (will be sent to you by email, from which you will be authorized to copy for your production)
- First Performance Amateur/Educational Royalty — Order #3157d : $65
- Second Performance Amateur/Educational Royalty — Order #3157e : $55
- Professional Royalties will be quoted upon application
- Blue Ridge Dinner Theatre — 2000 (Production Photos PDFGloriousSonofYorkPHOTOS)
- Commonwealth Shakespeare Company — toured to 4 schools and theatres — 1998
- J. Sergeant Reynolds Community College — 1996 & 1997
- Commonwealth Shakespeare Company — toured to 3 schools and theatres — 1995
- Blue Ridge Dinner Theatre — 1993
- Commonwealth Shakespeare Company — toured to 5 schools and theatres — 1993
- Commonwealth Shakespeare Company — toured to 2 schools and a Convention — 1992
- George Mason University — 1991
- Jackson State National Conference — 1991
- Southwest Virginia Community College — 1989
- Commonwealth Shakespeare Company — Toured to 18 schools and theatres — 1988
The following is how the credits should read in all programs, posters, fliers, handbills and other promotional advertising for the show:
Glorious Son of York
a drama by
R. Rex Stephenson
NOTE: The names of the Playwright(s), Composer, Lyricist, and Bookwriter shall be equal in size, type, coloring, boldness, and prominence. No billing shall appear in type larger or more prominent than the billing to the Authors except for the title of the play.
THIS NOTICE MUST APPEAR IN ALL PROGRAMS, ON ALL POSTERS AND PUBLICITY MATERIALS AND INTERNET ADVERTISING/WEBPAGES FOR THE PLAY:
“Glorious Son of York is presented through special arrangement with Leicester Bay Theatricals. All authorized materials are also supplied by LBT, www.leicesterbaytheatricals.com”
from the catalog of