a two act play by Linda Britt
(Perfect for Professional, Amateur, College/University groups)
Also ideal for Online Events as great Online theatre.
What would you do if you found out at age 45 that you were adopted? If you found yourself pregnant and alone at age 19? What if being a dad had been a dream of yours since childhood, but circumstances prevented it? What happens when adoptees meet birth parents? “Chosen: Stories on Adoption” features 23 monologues about adoption, sensitively told from the perspectives of adoptees, birth parents, adoptive parents, foster families, and more.
There might be a couple of monologues that may be over the heads of the children. They may remain unperformed, if that is your choice.
- 15f 10m (Doubling of roles is possible. The show has been done with as few as 17 performers. Really creative casting could reduce that number further.)
- Contemporary costumes
- Props used
- About 100 minutes
- ORDER #3044
- PERUSAL SCRIPT: The PDF of the first act of the script is available: ChosenPERUSAL
- PRINT VERSION:Chosen – Stories On Adoption Playwrights on the Page Volume 8
Any PDF purchased will be emailed to your email address — if you need to provide that to us (not the one on your PayPal account), EMAIL us. CDs will be mailed to a snail mail address. Before we ship any rehearsal material we will need your performance dates, the name of your organization and the theatre where you will perform.
Email us prior to your order so we have the info to give you a complete quote. EMAIL us for rights and information. Be sure to give us anticipated performance dates and the address of your group and, if different, your theatre. Please also include a contact name and phone number.
- Script in PDF format — Order #3044a : $20.00 (will be sent to you by email, from which you will be authorized to print copies for your production)
- First Performance Amateur/Educational Royalty — Order #3144d : $60.00
- Second Performance Amateur/Educational Royalty — Order #3144e : $50.00
- Professional Royalties will be quoted upon application
- University of Maine at Farmington —
- PREMIERE: Out of the Box Theater Company, Auburn, Maine – January, 2012
The following is how the credits should read in all programs, posters, fliers, handbills and other promotional advertising for the show:
Chosen: Stories On Adoption
a play in two acts by
NOTE: The names of the Playwright(s), Composer, Lyricist, and Bookwriter shall be equal in size, type, coloring, boldness, and prominence. No billing shall appear in type larger or more prominent than the billing to the Authors except for the title of the play.
“Chosen: Stories On Adoption” is presented through special arrangement with Premiére Licensing on behalf of Leicester Bay Theatricals. All authorized materials are also supplied by LBT, www.leicesterbaytheatricals.com”
from the catalog of