As far as we know it, this is the first drama written by a Church member from Africa about the LDS experience in Africa. Accurate, funny and inspiring, this conversion story concerns Pastor Jolley, the Pastor of a very small Church in Nigeria. In a contemporary Nigerian society, choked by an alarming variety of Christian denominations and beliefs, Pastor Jolley, a minister of a very small church of eight people, strongly believes he has been called and will be blessed of God, like other ‘prominent men of God’. Convinced by a con-man stranger, he purchases a copy of the Book of Mormon as the secret ingredient for the growth and expansion of his seed-like congregation. In spite of the disapproval of his scheming wife, and the fear of the Book of Mormon by the general public, he immerses himself in the study of the book; determined to do all it will take, but he ends up trapped in the conflict between becoming a big-name Pastor and true discipleship.
- Characters: 5M 1TeenB, 2W (All Africans)
- About 45 mins
- Settings: The Home of Pastor Jolley, Nigeria
- Costumes: contemporary Nigerian dress
- Order # 2082
Available for performance to all groups. Contact us now if you are interested.
- The PERUSAL PAGES file (in PDF format) is available here: Pastor JolleyPERUSAL (The PDF file contains the first half of this short play
- EMAIL us for rights and information. Be sure to give us anticipated performance dates and the address of your group and, if different, your theatre. Please also include a contact name and phone number.
REHEARSAL MATERIALS AVAILABLE
- Script in PDF format — Order #2082a : $15.00 (will be sent to you by email, from which you will be authorized to make copies for your production)
- First Performance Amateur/Educational Royalty — Order #2082d : $30 (for the first or only performance) (CLICK License App BELOW)
- Second Performance Amateur/Educational Royalty — Order #2082e : $25 (For each successive performance) (CLICK License App BELOW)
- ZT Performance Licence Application (in PDF format) to download our Performance License Application. No production rights can be granted until this application is filled out and sent to us. (We are working on an ONLINE PDF filler form)
PREMIERE: The Jos, Nigeria District of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter‐day Saints — December 2016
The following is how the credits should read in all programs, posters, fliers, handbills and other promotional advertising for the show:
Daniel Kilyobas Obadiah
NOTE: The names of the Playwright(s), Composer, Lyricist, and Bookwriter shall be equal in size, type, coloring, boldness, and prominence. No billing shall appear in type larger or more prominent than the billing to the Authors except for the title of the play.
THIS NOTICE MUST APPEAR IN ALL PROGRAMS, ON ALL POSTERS AND PUBLICITY MATERIALS AND INTERNET ADVERTISING/WEBPAGES FOR THE PLAY:
“Pastor Jolley is presented through special arrangement with Zion Theatricals. All authorized materials are also supplied by ZT, www.ziontheatricals.com”
from the catalog of