RADIO HOUR Episode 8
It’s a dark, funny story of three misanthropic, alcoholic writers of a sickeningly sweet children’s television show. They’re pulling out all the stops for the Christmas special, which means resurrecting Snoogums, a character so villainous, he possesses his creator. What better time to rethink cute and cuddly than the holidays? RADIO HOUR is a co-production between Salt Lake City’s Plan-B Theatre Company and the University of Utah’s Public Radio station KUER.
A story for Adults for Christmas.
- 7m 2w can be doubled to 2m 1w
- VIV: An alcoholic (also plays Princess Amber)
STAN: A hypochondriac (also plays Wilby, Director, Guido)
MAX: Their boss (also plays Silby, Announcer)
- 53 minutes
- live and/or recorded sound effects
- ORDER #3240
- The PERUSAL PAGES file is in PDF format and contains the first half of the play: Fairyana PERUSAL
PURCHASE REHEARSAL MATERIALS:
(Any PDF purchased will be emailed to your email address — if you need to provide that to us (not the one on your PayPal account?), email us. CDs will be mailed to a snail mail address. Do not purchase rehearsal materials or pay for royalties until you have performance clearance.)
- Script in PDF format — Order #3240a : $20.00 (from which you will be authorized to copy for your production)
- First Performance Amateur/Educational Royalty — Order #3240d : $45
- Second Performance Amateur/Educational Royalty — Order #3240e : $35
- Professional Royalties will be quoted upon application
- Performance License Application: No production rights can be granted until this application is filled out and sent to us. This is a filler form that after you click “SUBMIT” will send directly to our email address. Response averages 2-3 business days.
- KUER’s RADIO HOUR –– Broadcast on December 3 & 4, 2013
- Plan-B Theatre Company — Live Radio Play with simultaneous broadcast — December 3, 2013
- As recognized by the Dramatists Guild of America, Plan-B Theatre Company is the only professional theatre company in the United States producing full seasons of new plays by local playwrights.
The following is how the credits should read in all programs, posters, fliers, handbills and other promotional advertising for the show:
A Radio Hour play
NOTE: The names of the Playwright(s), Composer, Lyricist, and Bookwriter shall be equal in size, type, coloring, boldness, and prominence. No billing shall appear in type larger or more prominent than the billing to the Authors except for the title of the play. (In a press release all type, will of course, be the same size.)
THIS NOTICE MUST APPEAR IN ALL PROGRAMS, ON ALL POSTERS AND PUBLICITY MATERIALS AND INTERNET ADVERTISING/WEBPAGES FOR THE PLAY:
“Fairyana is presented through special arrangement with Leicester Bay Theatricals. All authorized materials are also supplied by LBT, www.leicesterbaytheatricals.com”
From the catalog of