Book, Music and Lyrics by C. Michael Perry
Intergenerational Theatre and TYA
(For production by Professional Groups, College/University Groups, Community Groups, High Schools, Middle Schools/Junior High Schools, Church Groups, Children’s Theatres/Youth Theatres)
A beloved children’s classic now available in a new musical treatment. Sara Crewe is a gifted and well-mannered child, and Captain Crewe, her father, is an extraordinarily wealthy man. So, Miss Minchin, mistress of Sara’s boarding school, has no choice but to treat Sara as her star pupil — a little princess. One day the message comes through that Sara’s father has died penniless in India. Miss Minchin reduces Sara to a beggar and a drudge and the other girls laugh and make fun. All except for Lottie and Ermengarde and the little scullery maid, Becky. They keep Sara going and she enthuses them. Sara is strong-willed and courageous and with the help of an Indian Gentleman, a Lascar and a large family — she survives and helps those around her to survive as well. Burnett is the same author who penned “Little Lord Fauntleroy” and “The Secret Garden;” all three stories are timeless classics with themes that inspire and uplift.
- 7M 8W 9Girls 2Boys + extras.
- Unit setting or several interiors and 1 exterior.
- About 2 hours.
- ORDER #3008
Available to ALL producing groups. This PREMIER play is available for Immediate Production.
(Leicester Bay Theatricals is acting as AGENT for this musical. It is not considered a PUBLISHED musical, but one that is “in-process”. You will actually be negotiating the rights with the authors themselves, as we at LBT will be referring you to them.)
- The PERUSAL PAGES file is in PDF format and contains the first act of this musical:LittlePrincess 2021 PERUSAL
SONG LIST (BOLDED songs are in the demo tracks below)
- ACT ONE
- #1 — IS THIS THE PLACE? // SARA Sara & Captain
- #2 — MISS MINCHIN’S FINISHING SCHOOL Girls (We are introduced to the girls and the school)
- #2A — Playout Orchestra
- #3 — SARA (reprise) Captain
- #4 — BE A CREDIT Minchin, Amelia & Girls
- #5 — PARLEZ FRANCAIS DuFarge & Girls
- #6 — A LITTLE BIT OF CLEVER Sara & Ermengarde
- #7 — MOTHER’S EYES Sara, Lottie, Amelia
- #8 — BE A CREDIT (REPRISE) Amelia
- #9 — IS THIS THE PLACE (REPRISE) Sara
- #10 — A LITTLE BIT OF CLEVER (REPRISE) Sara
- #11 — OUR LITTLE PRINCESS Lavinia, Minchin, Amelia, Sara
- #12 — IS THIS THE PLACE // SARA (Reprise) Captain & Sara
- #13 — WARM THINGS! Becky & Sara
- #14 — Finale Act One Orchestra
- ACT TWO
- #15 — PRELUDE and IS THIS THE PLACE? (reprise) Sara/Captain
- #16 — A LITTLE PRINCESS (Reprise) Girls
- #17 — A LIFE APART / A SEPARATE LIFE Sara & Minchin
- #18– WOULDN’T YOU RATHER BE A SPARROW? Sara
- #19 — A LITTLE BIT OF CLEVER (REPRISE) Sara
- #20 — THE OTHER SIDE OF THE WALL Carrisford, Carmichael & Sara
- #21 — Underscore Orchestra
- #22 — SOMETHING ALWAYS HAPPENS Ram Dass & Secretary
- #23 — SOMETHING ALWAYS HAPPENS (rep 1) Sara & Becky
- #24A — Underscore Orchestra
- #25 — SOMETHING ALWAYS HAPPENS (rep 2) Sara & Becky
- #26 — CHERISH Minchin & Amelia
- #27 — SOMEONE IS MY FRIEND Sara & Becky
- #28 — FINALE Company
- #29 — Curtain Call Orchestra
SONG SAMPLES (rough demos with author and friends)
Here are a few samples of the Orchestrations from the Finale Music Notation files
PURCHASE REHEARSAL MATERIALS:
- Performance License Application: No production rights can be granted until this application is filled out and sent to us. This is a filler form that after you click “SUBMIT” will send directly to our email address. Response averages 2-3 business days.
(Any PDF purchased will be emailed to your email address — if you need to provide that to us (not the one on your PayPal account?), email us. CDs will be mailed to a snail mail address. Do not purchase rehearsal materials or pay for royalties until you have performance clearance.)
- Script in PDF format — Order #3008a : $25.00 (from which you will be authorized to copy for your production)
- Vocal Book in PDF format — Order #3008b : $15.00 (from which you will be authorized to copy for your production)
- Piano-Vocal Score in PDF format — Order #3008c : $30.00 (from which you will be authorized to copy for your production)
- First Performance Amateur/Educational Royalty — Order #3008d : Royalty terms quoted on application
- Second Performance Amateur/Educational Royalty — Order #3008e : Royalty terms quoted on application
- Professional Royalties will be quoted upon application.
- Orchestrations in PDF format — Order #3008h : $200.00 (from which you will be authorized to copy for your production) (The Orchestrations consist of: R1-Flute, R2-Oboe/Clarinet, R3-Clarinet/English Horn, R4-Bassoon/Bass Clarinet, French Horn, Trumpets(3), Trombone, Violin(3), Viola, Cello, Acoustic Bass, Percussion: (Bells, Timpani, Xylophone, Chimes), Drum Set: (Kick, Snare, Hi-Hat, Ride Crash, Splash, Triangle, Woodblock)
- Demo CD — Order #3008f : $7.00 (includes Media Mail shipping to you, you must return it to us within 15 days)
Well, it could be your name listed here, soon!
The following is how the credits should read in all programs, posters, fliers, handbills and other promotional advertising for the show:
Little Princess: Sara Crewe
based on the Frances Hodgeson Burnett novel “A Little Princess”
Book, Music and Lyrics by
C. Michael Perry
NOTE: The names of the Playwright(s), Composer, Lyricist, and Bookwriter shall be equal in size, type, coloring, boldness, and prominence. No billing shall appear in type larger or more prominent than the billing to the Authors except for the title of the play. (In a press release all type, will of course, be the same size.) ALSO: THIS NOTICE MUST APPEAR IN ALL PROGRAMS, ON ALL POSTERS AND PUBLICITY MATERIALS AND INTERNET ADVERTISING/WEBPAGES FOR THE PLAY:
“Little Princess; Sara Crewe is presented through special arrangement with Leicester Bay Theatricals. All authorized materials are also supplied by LBT, www.leicesterbaytheatricals.com”
From the catalog of