Mary Shelley’s horror classic Frankenstein – adapted for radio. Shelley’s 1818 novel was originally subtitled ‘The Modern Prometheus,’ intended to be a sort of morality tale based on the ancient Greek myth of the titan who was tortured for giving fire to humankind. Accordingly, in this radio adaptation, special focus is given to the ‘torture’ of Dr. Frankenstein after creating life from death. A great Halloween offering! A great Halloween offering!
FRANKENSTEIN received an award for excellence from the Utah Broadcasters Association.
DISCLAIMER: The Radio Hour logo is used by permission of KUER Radio West and Plan-B Theatre Company, as are all artwork and photographs.
- 15m 1f can be doubled to 4 Males; 1 Female
- Male 1: Frankenstein
Male 2: Monster /Lieutenant/Alphonse/Fisherman
Male 3: Walton/Clerval/Waldman/Felix/Kirwin
Male 4: Krempe/Judge/F/X
- Crowd & Mob are played by any available characters.
- Male 1: Frankenstein
- Costumes and settings are not required if done as a ‘radio drama” live onstage. (but could be as elaborate as desired)
- Sound Effects and Music are, however, absolutely necessary.
- 54 minutes
- ORDER #3237
- A copy of the PERUSAL SCRIPT (in PDF format) which contains half of the script of the play is available: Frankenstein (RADIO HOUR) PERUSAL
- VIEW other plays in the RADIO HOUR Series HERE
- VIEW our list of other plays available as Staged Radio Plays HERE
- LISTEN to the original broadcasts from KUER’s Radio West Productions HERE
(Any PDF purchased will be emailed to your email address — if you need to provide that to us (not the one on your PayPal account?), email us. CDs will be mailed to a snail mail address. Do not purchase rehearsal materials or pay for royalties until you have performance clearance.)
- Script in PDF format — Order #3237a : $20.00 (from which you will be authorized to copy for your production)
- First Performance Amateur/Educational Royalty — Order #3237d : $50
- Second Performance Amateur/Educational Royalty — Order #3237e : $40
- Professional Royalties will be quoted upon application
- EMAIL us for rights and information. Be sure to give us anticipated performance dates and the address of your group and, if different, your theatre. Please also include a contact name and phone number.
- Premiered at Plan-B Theatre Company (co-produced by KUER’s Radio West program) — 2008
The following is how the credits should read in all programs, posters, fliers, handbills and other promotional advertising for the show:
Episode 3 of the RADIO HOUR Series
Matthew Ivan Bennett
NOTE: The names of the Playwright(s), Composer, Lyricist, and Bookwriter shall be equal in size, type, coloring, boldness, and prominence. No billing shall appear in type larger or more prominent than the billing to the Authors except for the title of the play. (In a press release all type, will of course, be the same size.)
THIS NOTICE MUST APPEAR IN ALL PROGRAMS, ON ALL POSTERS AND PUBLICITY MATERIALS AND INTERNET ADVERTISING/WEBPAGES FOR THE PLAY:
“FRANKENSTEIN is presented through special arrangement with Leicester Bay Theatricals. All authorized materials are also supplied by LBT, www.leicesterbaytheatricals.com”
From the catalog of