Inspired by the true incident related by Carlfred Broderick in his book, “The Uses of Adversity.” What can you say or do for anyone who is going through one of those eternity-defining “Gethsemane” experiences? You can comfort, you can be a friend, you can support, you can stand by, holding a hand and have your Faith tried in the process as well. But that is how we bear one another’s burdens. This is what Christ Himself did. Or you can lose yourself in the why of it all. This short play brings up those moments of doubt that plague many and defeat even a few.
“MAROR” is a word denoting the bitter herbs partaken during the Passover to remind us of the suffering of the Hebrews under Egyptian rule.
Included in the volume, “OUT OF THE MOUNT” from the New Play Project in Provo, Utah, 2010.
- 4m 2f
- About 15 minutes
- Simple setting
- Contemporary costumes.
- ORDER #3309
REHEARSAL MATERIALS AVAILABLE
- Script in PDF format — Order #3309a : $15.00 (from which you will be authorized to copy for your production)
- First Performance Amateur/Educational Royalty — Order #3309d : $15
- Second Performance Amateur/Educational Royalty — Order #3309e : $15
- Professional Royalties will be quoted upon application
- Performance license application (in PDF format) to open our Performance License Application. No production rights can be granted until this application is filled out and emailed to us (this happens automatically with this online form once you click send).
- PREMIERE READING: The New Play Project, Provo, Utah — 2007
NOTE: The names of the Playwright(s), Composer, Lyricist, and Bookwriter shall be equal in size, type, coloring, boldness, and prominence. No billing shall appear in type larger or more prominent than the billing to the Authors except for the title of the play.
“Maror is presented through special arrangement with Leicester Bay Theatricals (LBT). All authorized materials are also supplied by LBT www.leicesterbaytheatricals.com”
From the catalog of