by Jim Christian
Synopsis: Earthlings gathered aboard a starship find themselves caught in a deadly tug-of-war between two factions, each claiming to be the rightful crew, as they battle the mysterious and menacing Plasticon.
- ORDER #3094
- Characters: 5m 3w
Clint McFadden – glib, heroic commander of the starship
Maggie O’Toole – grumbling maintenance officer
Ultrakevin 2000 – cheery android flight attendant
Zoltar – dark, brooding rival for control of the starship
Ptarantula, Mistress of Pain – Zoltar’s second in command
Hydro – Ptarantula’s volatile “pet”
Sonny Bondurant – sci-fi fanatic from Laramie, Wyoming
Gladys Bondurant – Sonny’s tabloid-addicted wife
- The PERUSAL PAGES file for Space: The Fatal Frontier are available SpaceFatalFrontierPERUSAL The PDF file is the first act of the play and all other pertinent information about the play.
- For rights and information, fill out our LICENSING APPLICATION. Be sure to give us anticipated performance dates and the address of your group and, if different, your theatre. Please also include a contact name and phone number.
PURCHASE REHEARSAL MATERIALS:
(Any PDF purchased will be emailed to your email address — if you need to provide that to us (not the one on your PayPal account?), email us. CDs will be mailed to a snail mail address. Do not purchase rehearsal materials or pay for royalties until you have performance clearance.)
- Fees for Amateur and Educational performances:
- $30 Order #3094a (for Performance Package: 1 Script, 1 set of sleuthing sheets, other materials needed)
- Performance License & Performance Package emailed to you (you must return the license signed)
- Permission to make multiple copies for your group only (up to 15 copies, including technical)
- $60 Order #3094d Royalty for the first performance
- $45 Order #3094e Royalty for each additional performance
- Following your performance run, you must also sign the “Certificate of Destruction” indicating that all copies of the script sent to you, including the electronic PDF original, have been destroyed, and that nothing has been distributed to others. The performance license is good for 365 days, after that time a new performance license must be issued.
- Professional Rights quoted upon application to us.
- Green Canyon High School, North Logan, Utah — May 2019
- Sky View High School Theatre — Smithfield, UT — April 26 & 29, 2017
- Weber High School Theatre Arts — Pleasant View, Utah — October 2016
- Chameleon’s Murder Mystery Theatre — 1988- 2014
The following is how the credits should read in all programs, posters, fliers, handbills and other promotional advertising for the show:
Space: The Fatal Frontier
A Chameleon’s Murder Mystery
NOTE: The names of the Playwright(s), Composer, Lyricist, and Bookwriter shall be equal in size, type, coloring, boldness, and prominence. No billing shall appear in type larger or more prominent than the billing to the Authors except for the title of the play.
THIS NOTICE MUST APPEAR IN ALL PROGRAMS, ON ALL POSTERS AND PUBLICITY MATERIALS AND INTERNET ADVERTISING/WEBPAGES FOR THE PLAY:
“Space: The Fatal Frontier is presented through special arrangement with Leicester Bay Theatricals. All authorized materials are also supplied by LBT, www.leicesterbaytheatricals.com”
18 more titles in the Chameleon’s Murder Mystery SERIES (CLICK HERE)
From the Catalog of