(PROFESSIONAL, AMATEUR, EDUCATIONAL, COLLEGE/UNIVERSITY, YOUTHEATRE/CHILDREN’S THEATRE)
The Mummy’s Tale. . . is a family-friendly journey exploring the ultimate mystery: the afterlife as viewed across centuries and cultures! Visit ancient Egypt, where Ra the Sun God makes his first journey across the sky and a subsequent trip into the afterlife; from Greek mythology, the famed minstrel Orpheus will travel to the Underworld to save his lost love, Eurydice; experience the unique paradise of the Aztec’s Gods and find out how they created human beings. Most importantly, The Mummy’s Tale takes a lighthearted, child-appropriate look at The Great Beyond. With an optional musical intro, AT THE SIDESHOW, demo found below in the PERUSAL MATERIALS Section.
- Large flexible cast characters that can be doubled to as few as 5 actors, or each character can be played by a single actor
- Multi-location fluid setting
- simple costumes and props
- About 45 minutes
- Order # 3172
REVIEWS and COMMENTS:
- Perusal Pages File available MummysTalePERUSAL (The PDF file contains the first half of the play along with all background information.)
- PRINT BOOK: MYSTERY SIDESHOW THEATRE (Volume #3 in The theatre for Young Audiences series) this volume includes: Riddle of the Sphinx, Atlantis Lost!, The Mummy’s Tale, Way Out West!
- SONG that can be used as an INTRO to each of the shows in the series: AT THE SIDESHOW
- EMAIL us for rights and information. Be sure to give us anticipated performance dates and the address of your group and, if different, your theatre. Please also include a contact name and phone number.
PURCHASING REHEARSAL MATERIALS:
Any PDF purchased will be emailed to your email address — if you need to provide that to us (not the one on your PayPal account), EMAIL us. CDs will be mailed to a snail mail address. Before we ship any rehearsal material we will need your performance dates, the name of your organization and the theatre where you will perform.
- Script in PDF format — Order #3172a : $20.00 (will be sent to you by email, from which you will be authorized to copy for your production. The SHEET MUSIC to the optional song is included at the back of the script. The BACKING TRACK can be ordered by email [with a production license in place])
- First Performance Amateur/Educational Royalty — Order #3172d : $45.00
- Second Performance Amateur/Educational Royalty — Order #3172e : $40.00
- Professional Royalties will be quoted upon application
- PREMIERE: 2010 — BTF PLAYS! at Berkshire Museum
The following is how the credits should read in all programs, posters, fliers, handbills and other promotional advertising for the show:
The Mummy’s Tale
And other Voices from the Great Beyond
E. Gray Simons III
NOTE: The names of the Playwright(s), Composer, Lyricist, and Bookwriter shall be equal in size, type, coloring, boldness, and prominence. No billing shall appear in type larger or more prominent than the billing to the Authors except for the title of the play.
THIS NOTICE MUST APPEAR IN ALL PROGRAMS, ON ALL POSTERS AND PUBLICITY MATERIALS AND INTERNET ADVERTISING/WEBPAGES FOR THE PLAY:
“The Mummy’s Tale and other Voices from the Great Beyond is presented through special arrangement with Leicester Bay Theatricals. All authorized materials are also supplied by LBT, www.leicesterbaytheatricals.com”
from the catalog of