An Evening with Senator Margaret Chase Smith by Linda Britt
(Perfect for professional, amateur and educational production.)
This wonderful show is all about Maine’s long-time Representative and Senator. A powerful, funny, timely take on politics in a polarized era. Senator Margaret Chase Smith, a woman of firsts, from her election to both houses of Congress, to speaking out against Joe McCarthy, to her nomination for President at a national convention, comes back when we need her most.
- 1 simple setting — an office
- 1 semi-contemporary costume
- 70 minute
- ORDER #3043
- PERUSAL SCRIPT: The PDF of 1/2 of the script is available: MrsSmith Goes PERUSAL
- The KINDLE ebook is available below for perusal purposes
- PRINT BOOK: Mrs. Smith Goes to Washington & Mirrors and Memories Volume 2 of The Playwrights on the Page series (available below, or HERE.)
Any PDF purchased will be emailed to your email address — if you need to provide that to us (not the one on your PayPal account), EMAIL us. CDs will be mailed to a snail mail address. Before we ship any rehearsal material we will need your performance dates, the name of your organization and the theatre where you will perform.
Email us prior to your order so we have the info to give you a complete quote. EMAIL us for rights and information. Be sure to give us anticipated performance dates and the address of your group and, if different, your theatre. Please also include a contact name and phone number.
- Script in PDF format — Order #3043a : $20.00 (will be sent to you by email, from which you will be authorized to print copies for your production)
- PRINT BOOK (contains Mrs. Smith Goes to Washington & Mirrors and Memories) Order #3143ap : $12.95 (a great way to peruse.)
- KINDLE Version $6.99 ORDER FROM AMAZON HERE This version is NOT for use for rehearsal/production purposes, but it can be used for perusal purposes as well as for personal enjoyment.
- PRINT BOOK Perusal $12.95 • Order #3043ap This version is NOT for use for rehearsal/production purposes, but it can be used for perusal purposes as well as for personal enjoyment.
- Production Copies • 4 PRINT BOOKS $32.00 • Order #3043bulk (Intended to be used for rehearsals if a minimum of 4 (FOUR) copies are purchased (1Actor 3 Technical)
- First Performance Amateur/Educational Royalty — Order #3143d : $60.00
- Second Performance Amateur/Educational Royalty — Order #3143e : $50.00
- Professional Royalties will be quoted upon application
- Tacoma Little Theater, Tacoma, Washington — 2017
- The Chocolate Church Arts Center, Bath, Maine — 2016
Maine Maritime Academy, Castine — 2013
Emery Arts Center, Farmington, 2014
Lake Region High School, Bridgeton — 2012
Skowhegan Opera House, Skowhegan — 2012
Hannaford Hall, University of Southern Maine — 2011
The Celebration Barn, South Paris — 2011
Rumford High School, Rumford — 2011
Stonington Opera House, Stonington — 2011
Jewett Hall, University of Maine Augusta — 2011
Johnson Hall, Gardner — 2010
- Edward Little High School, Auburn — 2010
- The Celebration Barn, South Paris — 2010
- PREMIERE: Out Of The Box Theatre, Lewiston, Maine — 2010
The following is how the credits should read in all programs, posters, fliers, handbills and other promotional advertising for the show:
Mrs. Smith Goes To Washington
An Evening with Senator Margaret Chase Smith by
NOTE: The names of the Playwright(s), Composer, Lyricist, and Bookwriter shall be equal in size, type, coloring, boldness, and prominence. No billing shall appear in type larger or more prominent than the billing to the Authors except for the title of the play.
“Mrs. Smith Goes To Washington” is presented through special arrangement with Leicester Bay Theatricals. All authorized materials are also supplied by LBT, www.leicesterbaytheatricals.com”
from the catalog of