a play with songs by Carol Lynn Pearson
Special Musical Material created by Marvin Payne
(For production by College/University Groups, Community Groups, LDS Church Groups, Youth Groups)
Available again after many years! This is the compilation of journal entries and diary accounts of the Saints crossing of the plains to found their new home in the Zion of the Rocky Mountains. Through stirring true to life scenes and monologues, folk songs and hymns of the era, the Saint’s journey comes vividly to life. Title song composed by Marvin Payne, along with all the other songs can be played by the cast on Guitars and other pioneer instruments.
- 7M 7F (Can be condensed or expanded)
- Unit Set
- About 90 mins
- Order #2037
Available for all producing groups
- A PERUSAL PAGES file (in PDF form) is available. (It contains half of the play.) MoveOnPERUSAL
- The songs for this show are not recorded in any way. However, the Vocal Book can be sent to you in PDF form. Please inquire.
PRODUCTION MATERIALS AVAILABLE:
- Script in PDF format — Order #2037a : $20.00 (from which you will be authorized to copy for your production)
- Vocal Book in PDF format — Order #2037b : $15.00 (from which you will be authorized to copy for your production
- Piano-Vocal Score (not available and not necessary. All songs can be played from the Vocal Book on guitars.)
- First Performance Ward/Stake/Amateur/Educational Royalty — Order #2037d : $70
- Second Performance Ward/Stake/Amateur/Educational Royalty — Order #2037e : $60
- Professional Performance License can be granted by filling out the Performance License Application: No production rights can be granted until this application is filled out and sent to us. This is a filler form that after you click “SUBMIT” will send directly to our email address. Response averages 2-3 business days.
- Mountain Shadows 7th Ward — 1998
- Production in 1996
- Premiered at BYU in 1966
From the catalog of