Another Halloween offering! An original play based on a ghost story from Salt Lake City.
In Lavender, a young man falls for a Scottish young woman who appears to be new to town. This sweet and haunting love story riffs on the familiar stories of ghosts and love at first sight. This story will tax your reason and twist the cockles of your heart.
RADIO HOUR is a co-production between Salt Lake City’s Plan-B Theatre Company and the University of Utah’s Public Radio station KUER’s Radio West.
DISCLAIMER: The Radio Hour logo is used by permission of KUER Radio West and Plan-B Theatre Company, as are all artwork and photographs.
- CAST of LAVENDER — 3f 3m 1either
- Old Henry / Young Henry
- Mrs. Tanner
- Old Neighbor (Gender Neutral)
- Young People (doubled by various cast members)
Suggested doubling — 2f 2m
- Actor 1: Old Henry / Young Henry / Young People
- Actor 2: “Lavender” / Young People
- Actor 3: Mrs. Tanner / Emily / Young People
- Actor 4: Warren / Old Neighbor / Young People
- Period Costumes or contemporary clothes
- Radio Station setting
- Sound Effects required (can be Foley, recorded, or a mix of both. Music required.)
- About 25 minutes
- ORDER #3236.1
- A copy of the PERUSAL SCRIPT (in PDF format) which contains half of the script of the play is available, (it also has an extensive Author’s Note.): Lavender PERUSAL
- The Full Radio show including LAVENDER and EXILE (and the interlude connecting material) is available for performance HERE
- The shorter play (A Companion Piece to LAVENDER): EXILE (3236.2) is available for production as a self-contained performance HERE
- VIEW other plays in the RADIO HOUR Series HERE
- VIEW our list of other plays available as Staged Radio Plays HERE
- LISTEN to the original broadcasts from KUER’s Radio West Productions HERE
(Any PDF purchased will be emailed to your email address — if you need to provide that to us (not the one on your PayPal account?), email us. CDs will be mailed to a snail mail address. Do not purchase rehearsal materials or pay for royalties until you have performance clearance.)
- Script in PDF format — Order #3236.1a : $15.00 (from which you will be authorized to copy for your production)
- First Performance Amateur/Educational Royalty — Order #3236.1d : $30
- Second Performance Amateur/Educational Royalty — Order #3236.1e : $25
- Professional Royalties will be quoted upon application
- EMAIL us for rights and information. Be sure to give us anticipated performance dates and the address of your group and, if different, your theatre. Please also include a contact name and phone number.
- Premiered at Plan-B Theatre Company (co-produced by KUER’s Radio West program) — 2007
The following is how the credits should read in all programs, posters, fliers, handbills and other promotional advertising for the show:
Part 1 of Episode 2 of the RADIO HOUR Series
Matthew Ivan Bennett
NOTE: The names of the Playwright(s), Composer, Lyricist, and Bookwriter shall be equal in size, type, coloring, boldness, and prominence. No billing shall appear in type larger or more prominent than the billing to the Authors except for the title of the play. (In a press release all type, will of course, be the same size.)
THIS NOTICE MUST APPEAR IN ALL PROGRAMS, ON ALL POSTERS AND PUBLICITY MATERIALS AND INTERNET ADVERTISING/WEBPAGES FOR THE PLAY:
“LAVENDER is presented through special arrangement with Leicester Bay Theatricals. All authorized materials are also supplied by LBT, www.leicesterbaytheatricals.com”
From the catalog of