BOOK and LYRICS by Larry Hillhouse
MUSIC by C. Michael Perry
(TYA) (For production by College/University Groups, Community Groups, High Schools, Middle Schools/Junior High Schools, Church Groups, Youth Theatres)
A hilarious send-up of the Frankenstein story as the great grandson of the original comes to Castle Styne as heir to the mysteries of his predecessors. The score contains gems like the maids singing “Castles Are So Hard To Dust”, the new monster sings “It’s Alive” as he imitates Elvis, Egor sings about “Goin’ Choppin’” as he prepares to shop for body parts, and the list goes on. It’s perfect for Halloween.
Franklin Kenneth Styne inherits an old castle from a distant relative (Frankie N. Styne). Upon arriving, he finds that he also inherited a Styne Castle staff, consisting of a hunchback experimenter who converses with a portrait, a cook, and her daughter, the maid. An inept local constable and his beautiful niece drop by to welcome him, and to check him out. F.K., who has a penchant for poetry, soon finds himself entwined in the centuries-old mysteries of Styne Castle. And the hilarity takes over from there.
- SETTINGS: Styne Castle, front room. Styne Castle, laboratory. (also, a maze could be depicted by using the theatre aisles, with the constable entering and exiting the maze through various doors.)
- CAST: 5M 3W 1 either + extras
- About 90 minutes
- ORDER #3019
Available for ALL producing groups.
REVIEWS and COMMENTS
“The show went BRILLIANTLY! We really have set a standard as it was the school’s very first musical, the audience absolutely loved the show especially the music! Keep getting asked, ‘What’s next’?” — Farla Ribbonaar, Uhmlanga College, Durban, South Africa
- The PERUSAL PAGES file, in PDF format, and containing ACT ONE of this two act musical, is available by clicking this link: Frank’nStynePERUSAL
- #1 He’s Arrived
- #2 Amazing Me
- #3 The Log Of Frankie Styne
- #4 Goin’ Choppin’
- #5 Sewing
- #6 The Chart
- #7 I’m Blue
- #8 Castles Are So Hard To Dust
- #9 Why Do I Keep On
- #10 It’s Alive!
- #11 Hooded Figure’s Story
- #12 Don’t Take My Heart
- #13 Monster Dance
SONG SAMPLES (Author Demo)
PURCHASE REHEARSAL MATERIALS:
- Performance License Application: No production rights can be granted until this application is filled out and sent to us. This is a filler form that after you click “SUBMIT” will send directly to our email address. Response averages 2-3 business days.
(Any PDF purchased will be emailed to your email address — if you need to provide that to us (not the one on your PayPal account?), email us. CDs will be mailed to a snail mail address. Do not purchase rehearsal materials or pay for royalties until you have performance clearance.)
- Script in PDF format — Order #3019a : $20.00 (from which you will be authorized to copy for your production)
- Vocal Book in PDF format — Order #3019b : $15.00 (from which you will be authorized to copy for your production)
- Piano-Vocal Score in PDF format — Order #3019c : $20.00 (from which you will be authorized to copy for your production)
- First Performance Amateur/Educational Royalty — Order #3019d :$70.00
- Second Performance Amateur/Educational Royalty — Order #3019e : $55.00
- Professional Royalties will be quoted upon application.
- Demo CD — Order #3019f : $7.00 (includes postage, will be sent Media Mail)
- Uhmlanga College Theatre, Durban, South Africa — March 2016
- Other productions in the 1990s and 2000s (records have been lost)
The following is how the credits should read in all programs, posters, fliers, handbills and other promotional advertising for the show:
A Musical Parody of the Frankenstein Myth
Book and Lyrics by
C. Michael Perry
NOTE: The names of the Playwright(s), Composer, Lyricist, and Bookwriter shall be equal in size, type, coloring, boldness, and prominence. No billing shall appear in type larger or more prominent than the billing to the Authors except for the title of the play. (In a press release all type, will of course, be the same size.)
THIS NOTICE MUST APPEAR IN ALL PROGRAMS, ON ALL POSTERS AND PUBLICITY MATERIALS AND INTERNET ADVERTISING/WEBPAGES FOR THE PLAY:
“Frank’N Styne is presented through special arrangement with Leicester Bay Theatricals. All authorized materials are also supplied by LBT, www.leicesterbaytheatricals.com”
From the catalog of