by Mark Ogden
(Perfect for Middle Schools, Junior High Schools, High Schools, Youth groups)
“WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SURVIVE?
TELL ME WHAT MAKES LIFE WORTH LIVING.
WHAT LETS YOU KNOW YOU’RE ALIVE?
WHAT IS YOUR ULTIMATE GOAL?” (The Cast sings from the opening song)
This show provides some answers to these and other questions.
Personal empowerment is the goal! Loosely based on Dr. Abraham Maslow’s “Hierarchy of Needs”, this is a fun approach to a serious subject. Welcome to the typical American neighborhood, where eighteen kids of all ages – all ethnicities – all interests – are learning to identify their needs and then taking the responsibility for filling them. Well, they’re supposed to be taking responsibility, but a few of them are dodging it at every turn, some are even trying to escape it completely! Their quest for self-discovery has been stifled by the discovery of drugs – and other teen distractions. But they’re not your kids! Or are they?
We encourage you to encourage families to see this show together for an educational, enjoyable way to help create a happier, healthier world!
- 1M 2W 7boys 10girls (can be anywhere from age 10 to 18) 1dog(played by either gender)
- about 90 minutes
- Unit setting with many locations suggested by props and furniture
- contemporary costumes.
- Order #3165
REVIEWS and COMMENTS:
- Perusal Pages File Available here: ItsUpToMePERUSAL (The PDF file contains the first half of the play along with all background information.)
SONG LIST (all 20 songs appear on the DEMO Recording, available in the purchase section below)
- #1 — What Do You Need?
- #2 — Because She Loves You
- #3 — Science
- #4 — We’re The Good Guys
- #5 — Everybody Always Does His Best
- #6 — What’s A Penguin’s Protection?(Have You Ever?)
- #7 — Gift of Love
- #8 — Love Is Loving
- #9 — Right There
- #10 — I Like Myself
- #11 — Meet The Elite
- #12 — Ask Any Mirror
- #13 — Who Are You?
- #14 — You Are What You Believe In
- #15 — Because She Loves You (reprise)
- #16 — Winner
- #17 — Help Yourself
- #18 — One Of A Kind
- #19 — What Do You Need? (Reprise)
- #20 — Finale: It’s Up To Me
DEMO SAMPLES: (These NINE mp3 files are from the author demo of the show. THIS IS A TERRIFIC SCORE!)
PURCHASING REHEARSAL MATERIALS:
Any PDF purchased will be emailed to your email address — if you need to provide that to us (not the one on your PayPal account), EMAIL us. CDs will be mailed to a snail mail address. Before we ship any rehearsal material we will need your performance dates, the name of your organization and the theatre where you will perform.
- DEMO CD — Order #3165f : $8.00 (will be mailed to you, price includes postage)
- Script in PDF format — Order #3165a : $25.00 (will be sent to you by email, from which you will be authorized to copy for your production)
- Score in PDF format — Order #3165c : $30.00 (will be sent to you by email, from which you will be authorized to copy for your production)
- First Performance Amateur/Educational Royalty — Order #3165d : $70.00
- Second Performance Amateur/Educational Royalty — Order #3164e : $60.00
- Professional Royalties will be quoted upon application
- PerformanceTraks in CD/Download format — Order #3165j : $100.00 POSSIBLE FUTURE AVAILABILITY(a CD can be mailed to you or the tracks may be sent to you with a download link)
- PREMIERE: Cotton Mill Playhouse, St. George Utah — 1992
The following is how the credits should read in all programs, posters, fliers, handbills and other promotional advertising for the show:
It’s Up To Me
A Musical Revue
Additional Material by
Dawna Kenworthy and Sue Cox
NOTE: The names of the Playwright(s), Composer, Lyricist, and Bookwriter shall be equal in size, type, coloring, boldness, and prominence. No billing shall appear in type larger or more prominent than the billing to the Authors except for the title of the play.
“It’s Up to Me! is presented through special arrangement with Leicester Bay Theatricals. All authorized materials are also supplied by LBT, www.leicesterbaytheatricals.com”
from the catalog of