A play with music by C. Michael Perry
(For production by Community Groups, LDS Church Groups, Youth Theatres)
Jason Chamberlin is a 14 year old boy who is struggling to forget the recent death of his father by mob action against the Saints of Missouri. He and his Mother, sisters and brother now live in Nauvoo where the hatred of the Mormons is again beginning to rear it’s ugly head. He is also struggling with his testimony and his basic belief in God. Through the help of his family and Joseph Smith he sees that he isn’t the only one who is suffering. He has always worshiped Joseph almost like he worshiped his father. His father and Joseph were friends. Soon, he finds himself present as the mob massacres Joseph and Hyrum Smith at Carthage Jail. And out of this great tragedy, Jason again finds and strengthens his testimony.
- 9M 2W 1Teenboy 2B 1G + extras
- 1Interior/Exterior and 2 Exteriors
- 45 mins
- Order #2007
Available for ALL producing groups
- The PERUSAL PAGES file is in PDF format and contains the first half of this short musical: TeenWitnessPERUSAL
- My Son / My Brother (by the Mother and the Sister)
- I Was There (by Jason)
SONG SAMPLES: Synth arrangements of the songs.
- Script in PDF format — Order #2007a : $10.00 (from which you will be authorized to copy for your production)
- FULL Score — Order #2007b : $35.00 (Contains the Piano-Vocal Score, the Flute Parts, the Bass Parts and the FULL SCORE [all parts] from which you will be authorized to copy for your production)
- First Performance Ward/Stake/Amateur/Educational Royalty — Order #2007d : $50
- Second Performance Ward/Stake/Amateur/Educational Royalty — Order #2007e : $40
- PerformanceTrak CD(or Download) — Order #2007j : $10
- Professional Performance License can be granted by filling out the Performance License Application: No production rights can be granted until this application is filled out and sent to us. This is a filler form that after you click “SUBMIT” will send directly to our email address. Response averages 2-3 business days.
- Ann Arbor LDS Stake — 1993
- Premiered at Friendswood Texas LDS Ward — 1987
This title is available exclusively from