Book, Music and Lyrics by
(For production by Professional Groups, College/University Groups, Community Groups, High Schools, Middle Schools/Junior High Schools, LDS & Other Church Groups, Youth Theatres)
A one-act adaptation of the popular Bible story where God speaks to Jonah, Jonah speaks back to him but decides not to listen and proceeds to try to hide from God. In a similitude of the Savior, he spends three days in the belly of the whale (or great fish), likened unto the three days in the tomb. He emerges a new man. He follows the will of the Lord and is not happy about it until he is allowed to realize that all people, no matter their state of righteousness, have the right to salvation.
- Bare stage. Props and scenery should be from found items.
- 4m + chorus of 10
- About 45 minutes
- ORDER #3006
Available for ALL performance groups.
- The PERUSAL PAGES file is in PDF format and contains the first half of this short musical: Jonah PERUSAL
- #1 — Arise, Jonah! Voice
- #2 — Middle Of The World Jonah & Sailors
- #3 — From The Deep Jonah
- #4 — Arise, Jonah! (Rep) Voice
- #5 — Nineveh City Jonah
- #6a — Nineveh City (rep) Jonah
- #6b — New Man Jonah & Chorus
- #7 — Of You! Jonah and Cast
SONG SAMPLES (Non-Vocal Demo files from Finale Music Notation)
DEMO CD available here
PURCHASE REHEARSAL MATERIALS:
(Any PDF purchased will be emailed to your email address — if you need to provide that to us (not the one on your PayPal account?), email us. CDs will be mailed to a snail mail address. Do not purchase rehearsal materials or pay for royalties until you have performance clearance.)
- Script in PDF format — Order #3006a : $7.50 (from which you will be authorized to copy for your production)
- Vocal Book in PDF format — Order #3006b : $7.50 (from which you will be authorized to copy for your production)
- Piano-Vocal Score in PDF format — Order #3006c : $15.00 (from which you will be authorized to copy for your production)
- First Performance Amateur/Educational Royalty — Order #3006d : $40.00 (for the first or only performance)
- Second Performance Amateur/Educational Royalty — Order #3006e : $30.00 (for each consecutive performance)
- Professional Performance License can be granted by filling out the Performance License Application: No production rights can be granted until this application is filled out and sent to us. This is a filler form that after you click “SUBMIT” will send directly to our email address. Response averages 2-3 business days.
- Orchestrations [optional] (in PDF format) — Order #3006h : $40.00 (includes a Conductor’s Score, plus parts for Oboe, Bassoon, Violin, Cello, Bass. You can add a drum set, if you wish)
- Well, your name could be listed here SOON!