Editing, Music and Lyrics by C. Michael Perry
(For production by Community Groups, High Schools, Middle Schools/Junior High Schools, Church Groups, Children’s Theatres/Youth Theatres)
A warm and wonderful collection of original stories improvised and written by the student members of Thespian Troupe 943 of Spanish Fork High School in Utah. The story is about a group of students trying to complete an essay about Christmas for their English Class. They soon come to discover the real meaning of Christmas in themselves and in the others around them. Thirteen stories weave together in mirth, heartache, joy and reverence as the students all reveal the secret dreams and funny stories they have always wanted to tell, but haven’t until now; until a teacher who cares shows them how to let the excellence in each of them out — for all to see.
- 7M 6F + variable ensemble of 10 or more.
- About 2 hours
- Order #3013
Available for ALL producing groups.
- The PERUSAL PAGES file is in PDF format and contains the first act of this musical: ChristmasDreamsPERUSAL
SONGLIST with LYRIC SHEETS
- #1 — OVERTURE
- #2 — WHAT CAN I DO?
- #3 — ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS (a double-melody song) (LYRIC SHEET FOR THIS SONG: #3AllIWantLYRIC)
- #4 — CHOOSE ME!
- #5 — WORKING FOR SANTA
- #6 — IF
- #7 — I BELIEVE IN SANTA CLAUS
- #8 — BELIEVING! (LYRIC SHEET FOR THIS SONG: #8BelievingLYRIC)
- #9 — THIS NIGHT
- #10 — I BELIEVE — FINALE
- #11 — CURTAIN CALL
SONG SAMPLES (non-vocal demos recorded from the Finale Music Notation program)
PURCHASE REHEARSAL MATERIALS:
- Performance License Application: No production rights can be granted until this application is filled out and sent to us. This is a filler form that after you click “SUBMIT” will send directly to our email address. Response averages 2-3 business days.
(Any PDF purchased will be emailed to your email address — if you need to provide that to us (not the one on your PayPal account?), email us. CDs will be mailed to a snail mail address. Do not purchase rehearsal materials or pay for royalties until you have performance clearance.)
- Script in PDF format — Order #3013a : $20.00 (from which you will be authorized to copy for your production)
- Vocal Book in PDF format — Order #3013b : $15.00 (from which you will be authorized to copy for your production)
- Piano-Vocal Score in PDF format — Order #3013c : $20.00 (from which you will be authorized to copy for your production)
- First Performance Amateur/Educational Royalty — Order #3013d : $90
- Second Performance Amateur/Educational Royalty — Order #3013e : $75
- Professional Royalties will be quoted upon application.
- PerformanceTraks CD — Order #3013j : $60
- Kanab High School — 1996
- Premiered at Spanish Fork High School — 1990
The following is how the credits should read in all programs, posters, fliers, handbills and other promotional advertising for the show:
Original Stories and Improvisations by
Spanish Fork High School Drama Club
Dawnesia Shaffer, Stephen Carter, Allyson Shepherd,
Henry Bingham, Deon Youd, Ryan Farley
Concept, Editing, Music and Lyrics by
C. Michael Perry
NOTE: The names of the Playwright(s), Composer, Lyricist, and Bookwriter shall be equal in size, type, coloring, boldness, and prominence. No billing shall appear in type larger or more prominent than the billing to the Authors except for the title of the play. (In a press release all type, will of course, be the same size.)
THIS NOTICE MUST APPEAR IN ALL PROGRAMS, ON ALL POSTERS AND PUBLICITY MATERIALS AND INTERNET ADVERTISING/WEBPAGES FOR THE PLAY:
“Christmas Dreams is presented through special arrangement with Leicester Bay Theatricals. All authorized materials are also supplied by LBT, www.leicesterbaytheatricals.com”
From the catalog of