by Mark Ogden
The Classic is back!
(Performable by LDS Wards, Stakes, Educational, Professional and Community Groups)
This play revolves around trying to discover what you promised to do before coming to Earth. Long ago the Lord foreordained three of His children to a great work — saving the soul of a Fourth Child. Each promised to do his part to help this child fulfill his own special mission in life. When they got to earth, however, things didn’t go as planned. Michael McCloud, a special agent from Celestial Industries, was sent down to inspire the three children to keep their word. But when he got to Earth, things again didn’t go as planned. Until… Michael McCloud finally converted the Third Child in an unexpected way. In the end the Third Child, without the help of the First Child or the Second Child, kept his promise and helped the Fourth Child become worthy to fulfill the glorious calling to which he had been foreordained.
- Characters: 10 or 11M 8 or 9F + ensemble and dancers
- About 2 hours
- Setting: Various Locations
- Contemporary Costumes (or 70s dress)
- Order # 2072
- The PERUSAL PAGES file (in PDF format) is available here: HeavenNeverClosesPERUSAL
- You can order a full DEMO CD of this title (containing all of the songs) for $6.00 by clicking HERE.
- ACT ONE
- #1 — Heaven Never Closes
- #2 — I Will, I Will
- #3 — Banjo and Piano, Too!
- #4 — Do It Now
- #6 — Valiance
- ACT TWO
- #7 — I Hate Roadshow
- #8 — I Hate Roadshow (reprise)
- #9 — Time Without Love
- #10 — I Will, I Will (reprise 2)
- #12 — Heaven Never Closes (reprise)
- #13 — Quicken Your Step
- #14 — A Smile and A Prayer
- #15 — I Will, I Will (reprise 4)
- #16 — Curtain Call
SONG SAMPLES (The demos are from a demo tape made by the author. So it is Mark singing and playing.)
REHEARSAL MATERIALS AVAILABLE
- Performance License Application: No production rights can be granted until this application is filled out and sent to us. This is a filler form that after you click “SUBMIT” will send directly to our email address. Response averages 2-3 business days.
- Script in PDF format — Order #2072a : $25.00 (will be sent to you by email, from which you will be authorized to make copies for your production)
- Piano-Vocal Score (in PDF format) — Order #2072b : $25.00 (will be sent to you by email, from which you will be authorized to make copies for your production)
- Vocal Book (in PDF Format) — Order #2072c : $15.00 (will be sent to you by email, from which you will be authorized to make copies for your production)
- First Performance Amateur/Educational Royalty — Order #2072d : $100 (for the first or only performance)
- Second Performance Amateur/Educational Royalty — Order #2072e : $80 (For each successive performance)
- Professional Royalties will be quoted upon application
- Orchestrations — Order #2072h : $200.00 (Parts to be available in the FUTURE: Flute, Clarinet, Trumpet, Trombone, Percussion, Violin 1, 2, & 3, Cello, Bass, Piano) A PDF will be sent to you from which you will be authorized to make copies for your production) BUTTON UP WHEN AVAILABLE
- PerformanceTraks — Order #2072j : $100.00 (will either be sent on CD or via download. The up-tempo songs are a little heavy on the 70s rock, but it’s a great set of tracks.) BUTTON COMING SOON
- Many other productions in North America and the world now lost in time.
- St. George Musical Theatre — 1990s
- USU 2nd LDS Stake — 1983
- Orem Utah Sharon LDS Stake — 1982
- LDS Stake in California — 1980
- LDS Stake in Las Vegas — 1980
- Woods Cross Regional Center — 1977
- Weber Region (performed at, then, Weber State College) 1977
from the catalog of