This play is largely a first-hand gathered account of the experiences and life observations of the works, trials, and triumphs of Matthew Cowley. Brother Cowley spent much of his life serving in the South Pacific as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of latter-day Saints. These experiences cross the borders of humor, sorrow, illness and observed miracles. Elder Cowley was one of the Church’s greatest missionaries. After having served the people of the Pacific Islands for 25 years, he was called to The Quorum of the Twelve Apostles
Can be adapted into a reader’s theatre format using additional performers for the varying ages of Matthew.
- 1M solo show (Can be adapted into a reader’s theatre format using additional performers)
- Simple setting with props/projections, a podium
- Costumes of the mid-20th Century
- About 75 minutes
- ORDER #2086
REHEARSAL MATERIALS AVAILABLE
- Performance License Application: No production rights can be granted until this application is filled out and sent to us. This is a filler form that after you click “SUBMIT” will send directly to our email address. Response averages 2-3 business days.
- Script in PDF format — Order #2086a : $25.00 (will be sent to you by email, from which you will be authorized to make copies for your production)
- First Performance Amateur/Educational Royalty — Order #2086d : $60 (for the first or only performance)
- Second Performance Amateur/Educational Royalty — Order #2086e : $50 (For each successive performance)
- Professional Royalties will be quoted upon application
- BYU Hawaii, 1997
from the catalog of