was schooled professionally at prestigious The American Conservatory Theatre in San Francisco and has earned a Masters Degree in Theatre from Brigham Young University. He has worked professionally for 30 years and became a local sensation on the intermountain theatre scene creating and starring in his renowned one-man show Here’s Brother Brigham. The show traveled internationally for 30 years. He followed this by displaying a quirky writing talent with The Farley Family Reunion and J. Golden. He starred in the former and wrote, directed and produced the latter. He went on to write and produce numerous works including Farley Two: the Next Gyration, Farley Family Xmas, Tumuaki! Matthew Cowley of the Pacific, and co-wrote Wilford Woodruff: God’s Fisherman, and the pioneer musical The Trail of Dreams. He has written and produced numerous smaller works and was granted a commission by the Sesquicentennial Utah War Committee to write a new touring work entitled March of the Salt Soldiers: The Utah War. He has written for stage, screen, outdoor pageant, radio drama, and puppet shows. Professor Arrington was appointed the first Chairman of the Department of Theatrical Arts for Stage and Screen for UVU. He recently received both the local Star award from the SCERA and a highly sought after regional award, The Kennedy Center American Theatre College Faculty Excellence Award. Along with his teaching at UVU, Professor Arrington oversaw the playwriting programs, including the annual Short Attention Span Theatre, an engaging ten-minute play festival devoted to new student works.
He and his wife have served a mission for the LDS Church in Tennessee.
You can order video copies of many of his shows at James Arrington Productions
- The Trail of Dreams (Zion Theatricals)
- Here’s Brother Brigham! (Zion Theatricals)
- J. Golden (Zion Theatricals)
- The Farley Family Reunion (Leicester Bay Theatricals)
- Farley Two: The Next Gyration (coming soon) (Leicester Bay Theatricals)
- The Farley Family Christmas (coming soon) (Leicester Bay Theatricals) James Arrington’s Farley characters return along with some newbies in this hilarious send-up pitting Christmas against the Farleys. Luckily, Christmas wins. “Caeser’s Greasings to you all!”
- The Farley Cracked Christmas Muzeekal (coming soon) (Leicester Bay Theatricals)
- WILFORD WOODRUFF: God’s Fisherman (written with Tim Slover) (Zion Theatricals)
- Tumuaki! Matthew Cowley, Legend of the Pacific (Zion Theatricals)
- A Christmas Without Christmas • musical TYA (Leicester Bay Theatricals)
- Identity Crisis
- March of the Salt Soldiers: The Utah War (written with Mahonri Stewart)